• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Battle of Osgiliath 1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Eazy-E15 Presents

The Battle of Osgiliath 1.2
Created by Eazy-E15

Map Info:

The battle for Gondor has begun! The last remaining line of defense between Mordor and Gondor is the ruined City of Osgiliath. Of old, Osgiliath was the jewel Capital City of Gondor. It fell into ruin over the course of the third age and now only stands as a strategic outpost for Gondor to control the crossing of the river Anduin. The defenders of Gondor must repel against the onslaught of Mordor for as long as possible (Until the timer runs out.) Mordor's objective is to overrun the city before that happens. Mass your forces, utilize your heroes, and put your tactical skills to the test!

Features:

-Realistic environment
-Quest help for new players
-Camera change modes
-Custom cinematics for the end outcomes
-Single player mode which can be activated by placing player (Green's) slot status to computer. Note: Should the units bug out, type -fix.

Some else stuff about map:

It's a remake of my old Osgiliath map, which I'm sure some of you may have played at some point in time. I am confident to say that this map is 10x better looking than the original.

Updates will come based mainly on feedback. Current plans include completely redoing the terrain with all new buildings. The layout will remain 95% unchanged since it is working well for balance. Some of the buildings will house fixed placed archers that can only be attacked by range. Also I am considering a portal system to make moving around the map easier for defenders. For example there will be secret passages marked by a circle of power in front of a door or building; that will "teleport" the units to a different location of the map.

Screenshots and Videos:

233535-albums6961-picture76990.png

233535-albums6961-picture76992.jpg

233535-albums6961-picture76989.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks:
Nazgul Riders - Olofmoleman
Faramir - Sir_Raziel
Ithilian Ranger - MC !
Faramir's sword - Hueter
Mordor Orc - Stanakin
Siege Tower - Tranquil
Olog-Hai - Norinrad
Orc Archer - Andrewoverload519
Gondor Soldier - RobertArtua
Buildings - tha_chump
Spearman / Horseman - lacrossetitans
Stairs - Illidan(Evil)x

Icons:
Triple Shot / Arrow Volley - Mr. Goblin
Nazgul Screech / Fell Beast - Olofmoleman
Ranger - MC !
Gondor Soldier / Knight - CloudWolf
Spearman - GhostThruster
Deep Wound / Leather Armor / Ranger Tactics / Blood of Numenor / Bow - Blizzard Entertainment

Author's notes:

Please report any bugs that you may find with the map. If the units in single player mode get stuck, type -fix to debug it. Enjoy the map :)

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Battle of Osgiliath, Osgiliath, LOTR, Lord of the Rings, Gondor
Contents

The Battle of Osgiliath 1.3 (Map)

Reviews
11:49, 30th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Model rip not allowed.

M

11:49, 30th Mar 2014
Orcnet: Model rip not allowed.

Level 3
Hidden tag is now closed, thanks for catching it. The terrain is actually going to get completely redone. I got a hold of a bunch of new building models that I'm slowly piecing together. I'll post progress screenshots sometime this week.

Level 30
Hello there, somehow the Gondor Soldier, Sword, Pikeman, and Horse are somehow ripped from LOTR BFME's models which is not allowed on our database. Please read the rules.

If you could replace such models from a warcraft 3 custom made models via here I can see a value of approval. Please vm/pm me once its done.