• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Attack of Equivor v1.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Die Menschen der Dominanz sind schon vor etlichen Jahren in dieses Land gekommen. Von der Horde wurde dies stets toleriert. Thrall, Kriegshäuptling der Orks, hat mit Durotar eine friedliche Nation geschaffen, in der Orks, Tauren, Oger und Trolle in Frieden leben können. Sein ganzes Bestreben gilt nun der Erhaltung diesen Ortes. Denn Thrall weiß, Gefahr ist nie fern und schon bald würde sich zeigen wie nahe sie bereits ist. Die Nation von Equivor, eine Ansammlung von Reichen, Dekadenten Wichtigtuern, dennoch die zweit stärkste Nation innerhalb der Dominanz, unterhält die Stadt Montrer, die noch relativ weit von den Landesgrenzen des Blackrock-Clans entfernt liegt. Die Menschen betreiben Ackerbau und Viehzucht. Durch die hohe Wachstumsrate in Montrer, wird das fruchtbare Brachland zu stark bewirtschaftet. In Folge dessen muss neues Land erschlossen werden. Thrall weiß, dass die Menschen bis jetzt friedlich waren und niemals die Grenzen überschritten hatten. Er hofft inständig, das dies so bleibt. Doch schon bald tauchen menschliche Inquisitatoren auf, die mit starken Militär Verbänden ins Landesinnere expandieren. Überhaupt wurde die militärische Präsenz in den Dominanz-Gebieten verstärkt. Und es blieb keineswegs nur bei Präsenz. Zuerst waren es nur einzelne Angriffe auf Troll-Siedlungen. Das ein oder andere Mal wurden auch schon die barbarischen Oger bekämpft. Als schließlich jedoch sogar die Tauren wiederholt angegriffen wurden, erhoben viele Einwohner Durotars ihre Stimme und forderten klare Maßnahmen gegen das stetige Vorrücken der menschlichen Streitkräfte. Trotz des Schwurs den Thrall einst ablegte, nie wieder gegen Menschen zu kämpfen, kann er die Rufe der Blackrock's nicht ignorieren. Er versucht einen offenen Konflikt so lange wie möglich zu verhindern und bittet die einstigen Helden Durotars; Rexxar, Rohkan, Chen und Cairne sich mit dem Lieutenant der Stadt Montrer zu treffen um zu verhandeln. Erst wenn dies misslingt und der Weg der Diplomatie scheitert, wird sich die Horde ein weiteres Mal für den Kampf rüsten und mit ihren ehemaligen Erzfeinden die Klingen kreuzen. Gesegnet seien die Gestirne, auf das es nicht soweit kommen möge...

Keywords:
Soy,Montrer,Dominanz,Lieutenant,Duke,Thrall,Rexxar,Rokhan,Chen,Cairne,Attack,Equivor
Contents

The Attack of Equivor v1.8 (Map)

Reviews
17:19, 12th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
This is a piece of junk, voting for Rejection.... I cant even understand what he says in the description. Again, for all the NOOBS who didnt know the rules and want to go away from EpicWar(It's because EW is not a good site for some mappers) and putting their junk here pls.: JUST GO BACK TO EPICWAR!!! THIS IS NOT EPICWAR!!!..... Thank You... And pls. if you want your map here pls. obey the RULES and the Map must be... btw its in the rules...

EDIT: This map is VERY suspicious.... 34.53MB for just a single player map? There "could be" a Virus string in the triggers here, didnt it? Someone who test this map, pls. report anything suspicious on this map... or maybe open it on WE, Deprotect it if necessary...

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Well I think I will answer a few questions everyone seems to posting while no constructive or any criticism at all.... I will quote all who I answer.

This is a piece of junk, voting for Rejection.... I cant even understand what he says in the description. Again, for all the NOOBS who didnt know the rules and want to go away from EpicWar(It's because EW is not a good site for some mappers) and putting their junk here pls.: JUST GO BACK TO EPICWAR!!! THIS IS NOT EPICWAR!!!..... Thank You... And pls. if you want your map here pls. obey the RULES and the Map must be... btw its in the rules...

"This map is VERY suspicious.... 34.53MB for just a single player map? There "could be" a Virus string in the triggers here, didnt it? Someone who test this map, pls. report anything suspicious on this map... or maybe open it on WE, Deprotect it if necessary..."
No such thing as virus strings anymore and I have seen higher mb for some other maps, Deprotection is out of the question because this site does not support it now does it?

"Some perfect reasons to not download: No minimap pic, German language, wasting 34 MB. "
I think he was not finished entirely yet and not all maps need a minimap picture, he might have a problem with language and I do not think he is wasting the size and it is single player....

"Don't bother man, this map is like crap, vomited on and then layered with piss. 34mb? 34MB??? Voted for rejection. "
I played this map myself and found it quite fun after I translated it all myself and I doubt it was vomited on or even layered with piss, 34mb isn't too bad and don't vote for anything until you even gave any help.

"34 MB I'd rather keep. How can one map take up so much space? It's stupid, and submitting it on here is an insult. How dare you take a metaphorical dump on hive.

REJECTION!!!"

A map can take up as much space as necessary if its single player and I doubt that it is stupid and submission of maps on the hive no matter what is not a insult unless it is millons of DotA otherwise I disagree with you.

Everyone may I advise you to at least give criticism to this person and don't be harsh without giving advice... I hate to see posts like this on maps :( .

What I think of this map is that it is pretty good but needs translation to stop these useless comments and maybe optimization of everything. I myself found it fun using four orc hero's to conquer a army of humans and their fortress. I rate it 3.7/5 = 7.4/10 and vote for approval.

Oh, one last thing the reason for the insane file size for this map is because this guy made it realistic with the bosses and music and tower/barracks destruction because there is a crash sound when buildings die and bosses talk to you somewhat which I found extremely fun.

Level 35
But honestly, the reason we vote for rejection even if we don't download is due to a violation of site rules. It's not in Engish. The site rules dictate that it must be in English. Yet, it is not. Therefore, it must be rejected until it is translated. Then people will either find another reason why it should be rejected or be able to give a proper rating.

And besides which, if the creator wanted to do a singleplayer map this big, then perhaps they should have made it a campaign instead? After all, as pointed out before, it's very suspicious and could very well contain a virus string. Why risk it? That would be stupid.

Level 6
@N.O.
Like anyone on the World, if you're a German, of course you will support him even he violates any rules..... but not me! Even you're a Filipino, and you didnt obey the Rules(Hive's Rules), you cant even get my support and I will anyway give you the word "Rejection". I have given that word on some Fil Maps and Users in Hive that doesnt obey the Rules. "Same country in Hive does not the matter in reviewing maps, its the work and rules that matter, you can help him in any matter to make his map get approved but as i said RULES ARE RULES, you cant do anything on that. If you cant understand what i'm saying, you're not that old or mature enough to take such words.....

Again,
Map that VIOLATES Hive's Rules CANNOT EVEN get APPROVED!

Level 28
Deprotection is out of the question because this site does not support it now does it?
I deprotect maps quite a lot myself... any good reasons why I shouldn't?

I think he was not finished entirely yet and not all maps need a minimap picture, he might have a problem with language and I do not think he is wasting the size and it is single player....
Then again: if he has a problem with language, he could ask someone else to translate it.
I completely agree in the minimap picture, but 34MB is indeed a waste of space for a non-English map (knowing the sounds are also German).

don't vote for anything until you even gave any help.
He is allowed to vote for rejection, since the map violates the rules.

Everyone may I advise you to at least give criticism to this person and don't be harsh without giving advice... I hate to see posts like this on maps :( .
Obviously these weren't good examples of posts, but if you are honest: he almost begged for such posts by creating a huge german map and uploading it here.

vote for approval.
Vote for approval when it obviouisly violates the rules? :/
Even when it's fully translated, I wouldn't approve it... the terrain is bad, the heroes are standard.