• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The antagonist you hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Whom of the games many antagonists do you hate most and why?

For me the antagonist I hate is Deathwing due to the fact that he is not the true antagonist of the expansion but it's actually the old gods yet we never end up encountering them but instead they send their puppet after us which in my opinion is a really crappy way to end an expansion.

Level 24
For me it would be the Lich King.

The biggest villain of the franchise killed off before he actually does anything. What a waste of a good story.

I'd say the events of WarCraft III kind of proves that is wrong. Although if you mean just in WoW then I guess we can put pretty much every antagonist under that roof. Except for Onyxia because she is awesome.

Yes I am exclusively referring to WoW. My point is we have a games worth of lore about him killed off within one expansion.

If I'm perfectly honest all he does is attack the capital cities once then that triggers the Northrend campaign in which he just sits on his laurels waiting for them, he doesn't do anything other than defend leaving it to his lieutenants to actually wage the war.

The whole sense of the 'invincible' scourge and it's lich king was kicked out of the window.

Level 24
Yes I am exclusively referring to WoW. My point is we have a games worth of lore about him killed off within one expansion.

If I'm perfectly honest all he does is attack the capital cities once then that triggers the Northrend campaign in which he just sits on his laurels waiting for them, he doesn't do anything other than defend leaving it to his lieutenants to actually wage the war.

The whole sense of the 'invincible' scourge and it's lich king was kicked out of the window.

To be fair he did try to push the borders of the scourge but Alexstrasza kicked his @$$ lets face it he wouldn't have lasted more than a few seconds had he actually tried to battle the aspect.

But I agree that they could have done more with him, the sad thing is that they want to push lore into WoW which is a sh!ty idea imo since they could do so much more with so much less energy if they just would make WarCraft III campaigns and sell them for 2$ each and probably everyone would buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.