• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ancient Legend [ORPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
tallogokopi.jpg

Created by Kil_l_KENNY aka Znoopy
T A L
:huh: Content :huh:
-[ Info ]- -[ Concept ]- -[ Gameplay ]-
-[ Heroes ]- -[ Items ]- -[ Other ]-
- [ Screenshots] - -[Website] - - [ Notes ] -

~ Info ~

• Amount of Players: 1 - 6
  • Recommended Players: 6, but any other number is fine.
  • Map Size: Epic
  • Camera: Normal or 3rd-person.
  • Recommended Camera: 3rd-person for better rpg effect and game experience.
  • Level Cap: 99

• Current Status: Stuck:goblin_cry:

:fp:! Please have a look at some of the important notes at the bottom !

~ Concept ~
An online roleplaying map, where every player chooses a hero of his own, and has to complete quests, battle beasts and possibly other heroes, in a strafe to become The Ancient Legend. Every player "lives his own life." And can go to the arena to pvp, assassinate an enemy player in the woods, complete a quest given by an npc or ally with other heroes and if wished, enter a dungeon to slay tougher bosses and creeps while getting greater treasures and rewards. Players may of course level up as they kill creeps/units/heroes and complete quests, and all regions are made according to different hero-levels. As your experience and skills grows, you can move on to new areas with new quests, cooler items and more dangerous monsters and animals.
The entire map is based of my very own fantasy, and nothing is taken from any other game or movie, making it all new and exciting for most new players. All regions have their own names which will be shown on all multiboards. Each player's multiboard also shows his deaths, hero kills, arena wins and arena losses, as well as time played and heroes in his party.
The style of playing may have a small parallel with World of Warcraft, since it is recommended that you play with the 3rd-person camera. Additionally, all items picked up, like armor, weapons and such, will be shown on your hero. And since you may only carry one two-handed sword and one helmet... etc, you've got a backpack and a normal bag, which can hold a total of 12 items. These bags are only used to carry items from one place to another, but are still very useful.
Heroes may also buy mounts to get around the map faster, but are unable to cast spells while on their mount. Also, heroes may buy a zeppelin ticket and ride the orcish Zeppelins to get to places faster and easier, however, this costs gold, and may be expensive if used often. Boats/Ships are also available for the same purpose as Zeppelins, and works pretty much the same.
As mentioned, there are quite a few dungeons around the map, where the items dropped are better, but the creeps within, much stronger. Dungeons also have powerful bosses that can be defeated to complete quests or to simply aquire powerful artifacts.
Also as mentioned, players may invite other players into their "party." Players who are in a party may enter the same dungeons and work together to take down stronger monsters. However, enemies may not join each others parties. But players may at all times change their alliance settings, making anyone an enemy, or an ally.

~ Gameplay ~
Not too special, the controls should be familiar to all Warcraft 3 players. And the 3rd-person camera which follows the hero should be familiar to some, but possibly not to everyone.
Players still use their mouse to move their hero, and the hotkeys of the spells/abilites/other controls are simple and won't take too long to understand.
Just like many other RPGs/ORPGs, I've locked the camera for all players to their very own hero. I believe this gives a better rpg-look to the map, and should prevent unnecessary camera glitches.

Gameplay screenshots coming either here or at my site in not too long..!

~ Heroes ~
Total Heroes: 10 (11?)
Total Strength Heroes: 5
Total Intelligence Heroes: 3 (4?)
Total Agility Heroes: 2 (3?)

Players may choose to become a Human hero or an Undead hero. No matter what race a player chooses, he can ally with any of the other players.
All human heroes look the same without armor, since they use the same model, and the same for undead heroes. Although their animations are different, and their gear will too, since intelligence heroes and strength heroes rarely use the same type of items.

Short Info

• Players cannot repick their hero.
  • Max Level for a hero is 99.
  • Starting level is 1.
  • Heroes are restricted to only use a certain type of weapons. Some use staffs/wands, while others use two-handed weapons, one-handed weapons or bows... etc.
  • For each level gained, a hero is awarded one "standard skill point" (which is normally used for improving spells or learn new ones.) This "standard skill point" may be used to increase strength by 1, agility by 1 or intelligence by 1. This can be done anywhere by the hero.
  • To learn spells/abilites, a hero must visit his trainer in the human capital city.
  • For each level gained, a hero is awarded two "Skill Points." These Skill Points are used to learn new spells/improve old ones.
  • The amount of Skill Points a hero has is shown to the right of the heroes gold (where lumber usually is shown, in normal wc3).
  • Heroes may learn a total of 11 spells/abilites each.

~ Items ~
Total item count:

All items found in the map are rated by the following system:

The most common items and often the worst
Rare and quite good items
Quite good but not rare items
Very good items, who also are apart of an item set (a complete set grants bonus stats)
The rarest and most epic items in-game

The 10 types of weapon and armor items found in game:

• Two-handed weapon
  • Right-handed weapon
  • Left-handed weapon
  • Right-handed shield
  • Left-handed shield
  • Staff
  • Wand
  • Bow
  • Chest armor
  • Head armor
All item-types have a different model when dropped as well.
Example: A dropped two-handed weapon is a large katan that spins around with a bit of glow/sparkles and a dropped head armor has the same sparkles/glow and spins, but instead of a katana, there's a helmet. :grin:

~ Other ~
Players may buy mounts to travel faster, but while on these mounts, players cannot use spells/abilites. A hero may jump on his mount at any time.

Players may also buy a ride with a Zeppelin or a Ship to get to different locations faster and easier.

~ Screenshots ~
gilleazcity1.jpg

gilleazforest1.jpg

mistyforest2.jpg

moonshadevillage3.jpg

undyingcamp1.jpg

planesofhope1.jpg

cathedralforthelost1.jpg

:fp:! For more screenshots, please see the website !

~ Website ~
Please check out this website for information about the map in general, heroes, systems, concept and ideas. You'll also find more screenshots available here. :wink:

~ Notes ~

Keep in mind this is a project I rarely find time for and is
far from complete!
Comments may be posted below or at the website.
:ogre_hurrhurr:
(Prefer here at hive...)

The map is filled with doodads and triggers, so if you don't have a very good computer, you might experience some latency while playing.

Please be patient while loading the map...

:vw_wtf:If you have any questions, please feel free to post them.:eekani:

I've run into a huge bug.. :sad:
The "main" trigger for my map, which creates the player multiboards, bags and gives the starting info, won't work. For more info, please have a look at this link.
:fp:And if you think you may help, please let me know!

selecthero.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
to be honest I was to lazy to do that.. xD
Maybe I'll do that later when I have more time / don't feel so lazy :ogre_hurrhurr:

Edit: There, now there's a proper introduction to the map!:thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
It looks very interesting, can't wait to hear more on it, such as heroes, quests, more dungeons, screenies, etc.

I do have one small question/suggestion, how are you planing on doing armor?
Are you going to leave it at the .06 or put it at .01 so that way "Tank" gear will have a ton of armor on it to distinquish it from the rest of the str gears?

Level 5
Haven't really given it much thought yet to be honest :p
Maybe I'll reduce it to .01 and give tanking gear a lot of armor. Possibly somewhere between .06 and .01.

Thanks for the suggestions/question, I'll look into it soon! :D
Also I'll give u credit for the suggestion once the map go public if I do reduce to .01 :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Looks intresting... But i want more information about how the game works!

Might test it when your ready to release the beta!

Level 5
sure thing, although a beta might take some time to get to, need to solve this trigger issue.. x)

But I'll post updates as I get closer to solve the problems and if I get close enough to release a beta or a demo of some kind, I'll post it here right away! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.