• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Abandoned Shores

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
By far one of the greatest maps i've ever made.Here's the description as written in the map:
--> A little outside the coast of Kalimdor, and not far from Northrend or Lordaeron lie a variety of islands known as the Sunken Ruins.Between these islands this is the only one that has never been seen by a human or orc or night-elven or demon or undead eye.Beware of its dangerous turns...

--The terrain in this map is as natural-like as i could possibly have made it.

--This map is an island so do not, i repeat, do not try to explore the whole map...after all it is only possible for flyers =).

Keywords:
Warcraft, Melee, Island, Ruins
Contents

The Abandoned Shores (Map)

Reviews
09:05, 1st Feb 2009 Rui: A low quality melee map. Please do not upload it on the Hive Workshop again. [highlight]Rejected[/code].

M

09:05, 1st Feb 2009
Rui:
A low quality melee map. Please do not upload it on the Hive Workshop again.
[highlight]Rejected[/code].

Level 31
Well, let's talk about terrain..
I obvious, you tried. But.. There are empty places, you spam doodads at one place and you forget other. Of course there are quite beutiful places, but the point is that you miss the spots that badly requires doodads.

There is a big problem with creeps, very BIG. First of all, there are too manny of them, especially Murlocks at down left courner. When I saw that, I was like 'OH SHT!'. However, there is bigger problems with item dropping. It's like, almost every unit drops an item and there are places that a group of units don't drop anything.

I didn't like your trees, you mixed Ashenvale tree walls with Sunken Ruins tree wall, it just doesn't fits each other.

You should improve it all to get good enough rating.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. At start, Player 1 location is too close to 6 Green Dragon Whelps. I actually started at Player 2 location and Player 1 controlled by Computer was attacked by 6 Green Dragon Whelps and it's base got ruined.

Level 9
i'll get on it

Well, let's talk about terrain..
I obvious, you tried. But.. There are empty places, you spam doodads at one place and you forget other. Of course there are quite beutiful places, but the point is that you miss the spots that badly requires doodads.

There is a big problem with creeps, very BIG. First of all, there are too manny of them, especially Murlocks at down left courner. When I saw that, I was like 'OH SHT!'. However, there is bigger problems with item dropping. It's like, almost every unit drops an item and there are places that a group of units don't drop anything.

I didn't like your trees, you mixed Ashenvale tree walls with Sunken Ruins tree wall, it just doesn't fits each other.

You should improve it all to get good enough rating.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. At start, Player 1 location is too close to 6 Green Dragon Whelps. I actually started at Player 2 location and Player 1 controlled by Computer was attacked by 6 Green Dragon Whelps and it's base got ruined.

i'll try to work on the terrain a bit more...besides i made this map a long time ago and i've improved quite a bit since then... by the way i'm preparing a new melee map right now a lot better than this one, so far...

Level 18
Since I don't have time to create a melee map review system, here is something quick I come up with: Review and rating to your map ->

1 - 10 points go to terrain
1 - 10 points go to balance
1 - 10 points go to originality
1 - 10 points go to lag
1 - 10 points go to gameplay/fun factor
1 - 10 points go to proper submission
---------------------------------------
60 points max
50% required for a positive grade

Terrain: 4 points
In parts it looked fine, but it wasn't that good. You need to remove the entire island blizzard clifing and height the terrain

Balance: 2 points
One had the gold mine, other had the fountain? That is way to imbalanced, drops are too.

Originality: 4 points
Interesting lake in the middle, but still it misses the something special.

Lag: 10 points
No lag, fast loading time.

Gameplay/Fun factor: 2 points
When its imbalanced like that there is not much fun at all. One person has the upper hand. The drops make it less fun too.

Proper submission: 6 points
Include more info and images.
28/60
46%
1/5: Reject
--------------------------------------
You need a lot of fixes, most mentioned above to get this approved. Hope you manage to fix it.

Good luck, bounty hunter2

Last edited:
Level 23
As my part of being a mini-mod, me and bounty tested this map.

The results... here it goes.

Terrain: It is ok, at some lesser places its better, at some places its way too flat and lacks variation, height, texture choice and such. The mixture of trees was, I dont know... special, as the map becomes Ashenvale/Sunken shore alike? And set the life of the gate to 0, as gates shoulnt be closed in a melee (I think).

Neutral buildings: Not good. The player on the right is closets to a fountain of healing, while the bot player has a Goblin Merchant? It should be equal for both the players. The same goes for the expansion gold mines. The bot player would easier get both gold mines without any problem.

Neutral creeps: No, no, no!:p Dont use omega 10 kinds of low lvl murlocs at the same spot, dont use 6 dragon whelps at one spot, and absolutely not the satyrs on the top of the map. Also, the dragons were constantly attacking the bot player everytime he built something, and I can say that range was over 2000 range. Use the "Creep Camp" option when setting the creeps properties, dont spread their group out like you have done, and fix the item drops. They are totally unbalanced. You shouldnt get 3 items and 4 tomes from a horde of murlocs at the same creep position.
The player on the right was not getting almost any items at all.
Also, creeps should be tried to be balanced for each player. It means that corresponding creeps at one place close to one player should match the creeps near the other player(s).

Start Locations: Looking in game it seems like the start locations are not equally close to the corresponding gold mine. But in the world editor it looks fine (so nvm maybe;)

So, over all, I can't accept this. It will give a 1/5 from me, because you really need to correct the issues before it can be approved.

~Eccho~

Note that I may not always respond back to a reviewed thread. If you wish so, send me a pm.