• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #8 - Melee Heroes - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1951765-post214.html]graystuff111[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

the%20hive%20workshop.png

texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
8.png

poll.png

thwtc8p.png

Melee Heroes
Contestants are to completely re-design a melee hero in the game, a list of these units can be found in the rules. The outcome still has to belong to the same faction, and suit the role of the original hero. You may alter the race of the unit as long as it belongs to the same faction.
Further details in the rules.

Welcome to the poll for Texturing Contest #8! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• ENTRY RULES:
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules, the creator will be disqualified.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in-game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file(s) in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it is yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry.
    You may work in 1024 (or higher), but the texture must be resized down to 512 pixels on equal dimension textures when submitted.
  • Your chosen unit must be an existing WCIII model and you may not edit the model in any way.
  • You must re-design one of the heroes listed below for your entry.
    • HUMAN: Paladin, Archmage, Mountain King, Blood Mage
    • ORC: Blademaster, Far Seer, Tauren Chieftain, Shadow Hunter
    • UNDEAD: Death Knight, Lich, Dreadlord, Crypt Lord
    • NIGHT ELF: Keeper of the Grove, Priestess of the Moon, Demon Hunter, Warden
    • NEUTRAL*: Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Tinker, Beastmaster, Dark Ranger, Firelord, Pandaren Brewmaster, Pit Lord
      * neutral heroes belong to no other faction, and as such can potentially be of any race included in the WCIII lore (not World of WarCraft).
      Do note that the hero name and abilities still have to fit somewhat. A water elemental Firelord would be silly.
  • Your re-design must follow the same general idea behind the hero you're basing it on. You're not making a new hero, but you're altering the artistical design.
  • Your re-design must be of a race that is already included in the unit roster of the faction that your base hero belongs to.
    Keep in mind that impractical conversions will give you less points in the Concept criteria.
    Example: Turning the Tauren Chieftain into a troll hero would be impractical, and give few points for Concept.
    Example: Turning the Paladin into a blood elf could be practical, and could potentially give many points for Concept.

• VOTING RULES:
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and lose reputation points.
prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon
entries.png

judges.png

• shiiK
  • darkdeathknight

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30%

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40%

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/30%
  • 75 % of the points shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the points shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with reputation points and/or cheating otherwise with the vB Poll System will result in disqualification, black listing from future contests, deduction of reputation points and, in severe cases, an infraction.

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (if necessary) over PMs.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Frankly speaking, nearly all of these skins are of the best quality I've ever seen. Even those who are not famous for their work have put up a really great piece of art in this contest. Congratulations to all the players who have made skins, whoever they may be... They have done a marvelous job.
My choice will be A.R.'s WispWarden. It has a marvelous theme of color to it, and incredible detail.
I also loved the Pharaoh Lich of Ampharos_222, Morbid's Orcish Clanleader, Dionesiist's Death Knight, Stanakin Skywalkers' Orc Far Seer, and Peekay's Abyss Knight. Outstanding works of art that deserve awards as well.
Well done again, guys! Keep up the great work!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The two corrupt skins have been fixed, and I've updated the testing map with them both. Attaching to this post.

TexturingContestTestmap.w3x is a map with all the skins properly imported so you can test the skins in-game without too much hassle. Thanks to Deolrin for setting it up.

Attachments

• TexturingContestTestmap.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 93
  • BladeBerzerker.blp
    607.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Hero_BloodElf.BLP
    92.2 KB · Views: 167

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Just adding a note here that I've finished my judging, and I must say it's quite an impressive supply of skins in this contest. A lot of great redesigns.

Level 1
Dionesiist is severely underrated, Stanakin Skywalker did a great job as usual and A.R. surprised me with his entry choice. These three should all win.

Edit : My first 300 posts...so...happy T_T

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I just wanted to say that the judging is complete, the poll is closed and the results are in. The thread with the results will be up as soon as Pyritie comes back. Thank you for participating, and I hope I'll see even more entries for the next contest.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Pyritie has gone missing. I don't have all I need to make the results thread myself and I'd rather deliver it all in one package than sort of leak out information before stuff is prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.