• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #7 - Suggest themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I suggest, an angelic theme.

Lately we've had themes revolving around, "the horrors of hallows eve", "the cold wastes of the frozen death", and other evil/death related skins.

A change of pace, and a challenge it would be, to have a theme where you must make a unit into a servant of the Light.

Level 14
Undead/fleshies are fun
Paladin/holy warior
Forest creatures
Corrupt mutant creature things
Ninjas
Legendary heroes (that impart knowledge and wisdom of the past to new heroes)
Elementals
Druids/shamans
Mages/spellcasters
Historic warcraft/blizzard figures
Nerubians/insectoids
Mythic gods/creatures (greek, aztec, etc.)
Specific races (trolls, taurens, ogres, elves, and so on)
Specific cultures (egyptian, persian, romans, etc.)
/cough(mounted/dismounted)/endcough

Or we could get creative. Pair off people to do opposing themes. Light and dark, good and evil, living and dead, etc. Could do 2 polls for this to elect the 2 best skins on either side. Could do a theme-off if no one can agree on something. Would be a contest in which people do their own theme for their own skin on a unit of choice. Best skin/theme wins and that will be the next competition after that.

There... some ideas. Choose one.

Level 14
Angelic theme sounds cool. I like my mounted/dismounted idea better but I would rather have that during the summer when I will actually have time to enter.

I think we could refine "angelic" theme though. There arent too many winged humanoids. How about a holy theme. That would include angelic beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.