• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture swapping via warclub - any ideas how to make 2 swappable textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all probably know the hidden feature of the warclub ability that allows changing a texture based on replacable ID of a unit:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...how-make-model-change-textures-ingame-222258/

Sooo... has someone of you experimented further with this to find out if its possible to use the same approach (or a different approach for that matter) to allow swapping of more than one texture?

I have successfully applied a system that changes armor textures of units based on the warclub ability. Now I want to go a step further and "layer" the armor textures, to create even more variation (for example, for changing skin color of units underneath the armor designs or to change leg and chest pieces individually).

What happens if I use replacable ID 31 and replacable ID 32 in a single model? The warclub ability allows me to select which replacable ID to replace, so technically, shouldn't it be possible to replace ID 31 and ID 32 individually? Or does using the second warclub ability simply remove the first applied texture, even if it doesn't use the same ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.