• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture Replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, I'm sure this is a commonly asked question in these forums, but here goes:

I'm trying to edit the Mass Teleport animation to use a different texture so I can allow the model to be tinted correctly. Currently the Mass Teleport animation is blue, which doesn't fare well when converting to a yellowish tint. So I opened up Magos' Model Editor and changed a few of the geosets to get the swirling runes to go white. As far as changing the animations at the top and bottom, I had little luck.

Pictures of animation with runes changed colors:
number1.png

number2b.png

This is the part where I start stumbling. I tried replacing the blue circles with the texture DemonRune1.blp in order to make it uniformly white. The result looks fine in the editor:
number3.png

However, when imported, it's not working. By "not working" I mean I imported the model, it didn't show up. Imported a texture and renamed it "DemonRune1.blp". Still no luck. Any unit using that texture used the default green box in the editor, and was invisible in-game.

My paths in the Model Editor:
number4.png

Basically, to wrap up my question: What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it? I know there's a way to get existing game textures used in models; I just don't know how to correctly apply it. Also, if possible, is there a way I could re-tint the blue rune texture to be pure white? Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.