• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Text to string

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still checking and debugging this, but as far as i know, it works!

• Text to String
    • Actions
      • Data Table - Save (Name of player 0) as "Name" in the Global data table
      • set String = ("Name" from the Global data table)
Not sure if anyone found this out, i'm going to use it with starcode to encrypt things into banks.

Damn it, i'm stupid, i used a message except i forgot that messages took text so i just fed it right into there. text2text, iknowright?

Anyways, if anyone finds any way of doing this, tell me please.

Level 11
You probably actually can do this.

Simply because the text is stored into the data table as data, so if you recalled that data as a string, it might work.

Provided, you might need to remove formatting, but it could work. I don't think you can use non-english characters in your username, so it shouldn't be a problem :eek:

Level 2
You probably actually can do this.

Simply because the text is stored into the data table as data, so if you recalled that data as a string, it might work.

Provided, you might need to remove formatting, but it could work. I don't think you can use non-english characters in your username, so it shouldn't be a problem :eek:

Tried that before. Doesn't work. The bank remembers if it's a Text or String entry and will only allow it to be loaded correctly.
Only way would be for the user to open the bank and manually change the type.

Status
Not open for further replies.