• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Text Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of need help with this.

How to make text appear on screen like, "Arthas: I like cheese" (Please make it a step by step tutorial. I don't know anything about GUI JASS and vJASS. Especially triggering.)

Also how to make the starting point work without the town hall, tree of life, etc. (With details please!)

Also color codes for texts.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
What you need is tutorials actually. Details are found there.
Anyway,
For the text, there are many ways to display it and I can't realize which one do you mean. I guess it's the following:
Go to the Trigger Editor, delete every default action the default trigger has and right click on "Actions". Scroll to Game - Text message (Auto-timed). Go to "Text" and type "Arthas: I like cheese". Now test your map. To test it, go to File -> Test Map or Ctrl + F9 or the final icon on the top of the icons that is a red "check".

For the Starting Point to work with no Town Hall, go to the default trigger of the Trigger Editor and delete the action "Melee - Create starting units". Now go to the main World Editor window (the one you can see the map in it) and press "U". It will reveal the Units palette. Then, go to "Buildings" section and the final one is the starting point (it has four arrows pointing at different directions as an icon) and place it on your map. When you test the map, it will be there where the camera will be placed for the owner of that specific player's Start Location. If you go to Units palette, go to Player 1 (Red) and choose "Player 2 (Blue)" instead, place the Start Point in the map, you will realize it has become blue; that is because it belongs to the Blue player, so that will be the Start Location of the Player 2 - Blue.

Visit this section please: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorials/

Specifically:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basics-triggers-32113/
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-triggering-5885/

Level 4
Here are some of the basic color codes for the text the you write.

Instructions:
When you put the code in, you type in the first part like this: |cffff0000 and then you put the text, without a space right after the code like this: |cffff0000Red and then to finish the color code, you add this at the end |r and at the end it should look like this:
|cffff0000Red|r

This will show up like this in game: Red

If you want to change it, you just put your own text in.

|cffff0000Red|r
|cff0000ffBlue|r
|cff00ffffTeal|r
|cff550088Purple|r
|cffffff00Yellow|r
|cffff8800Orange|r
|cff00ff00Green|r
|cffee55bbPink|r
|cff999999Gray|r
|cff77bbffLight Blue|r
|cff116644Dark Green|r
|cff552200Brown|r