• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

war3mapSkin (Changing HELP and TIPS title text)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Guys I searched on how to change the TITLE text of both HELP and TIPS. I can only change the description in it but the title I tried this way:

Warcraft TFT version 1.31 non-reforged.

1. created notepad named "war3mapSkin.txt"

2. Inserted Lines:
[FrameDef]
KEY_HELP = Controls
KEY_TIPS = Information
WARCRAFT_III_TIPS = Information

I also tried step 2 with "" and colored text but still wont work.

3. Import to map and removed "war3imported"

Still didn't work. How do I solve this.

Level 7
I think it's a thing you modify in UI\MiscData.txt. I could be wrong, though.
Thanks but I didn't see it in misc data hehehe.

Have you defined custom gameplay/interface constants? If so, your imported war3mapSkin.txt will be overwritten by the settings in the editor. Untick the "Custom gameplay constants/interface" thingy and then try re-importing it.
Damn yeah I have. So it includes constants too? I thought only game interface. So I have to change the game constants settings through war3mapSkin?

Damn yeah I have. So it includes constants too? I thought only game interface. So I have to change the game constants settings through war3mapSkin?
Not really sure about that, but I don't think so, no. The stuff you want to change is definitely interface though, so you can safely disregard what I said about constants. Did you get it working?

Level 7
Not really sure about that, but I don't think so, no. The stuff you want to change is definitely interface though, so you can safely disregard what I said about constants. Did you get it working?

For some reason it worked when I unchecked the constants too :O But I can't find it in war3mapSkin on where to edit the constants. Is there another txt file?

Status
Not open for further replies.