• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tester for private server wc3 1.26a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Please have legal version of wc3 1.26a and come test my pvpgn battle net server.
(I am not 100% sure if its legal but its only way to play the classic game I love..)

You can download game from here and then patch to 1.26a.. only this version!!
ladder + custom awailable, account creation and leveling need also test!

links:

when this is done and if youre unsure of how to connect private server ask more help on this thread

edit. I am not recruiting anyone, I did not originally put this thread into map recruitment but it was moved by moderator.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'm sure there are other 1.26a servers available. It doesn't help to fragment the community any further in my opinion :wwink:
As far as I know there arent many 1.26a servers that are warcraft III only. Maybe just one.. I think I have pretty good ping, and my server is focused on ladder instead of custom games. But do as you wish. Im not going to touch the thing you call reforged after everybody called me retard and after bad balance + mmr lose bugs and such.. I only like to play 1.26a now

Level 29
Blizzard had deprecated the official Battle.net server for Warcraft III in favour of Reforged:

There's no official way to go back to non-Reforged WC3 for playing online with PVPGN servers.
Nowadays, playing the Reforged requires an official Battletag.

Level 7
I have read now End User License and it says something like this:
"
(v) host or provide matchmaking services for the Program or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used
by the Licensor in the network feature of the Program, through protocol emulation, tunnelling, modifying or adding
components to the Program, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed,
for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilising commercial
or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks without the Licensor prior written
consent.
"
So I suppose I am not allowed to host battle net emulation even for the older versions.. I dont understand thought how W3Champions
can do the same? Did they get explict permission from blizzard to do so?

Level 19
It does not give them much reason to take W3C down. It's not used for cheating, nor stealing players from official server (technically they dont participate in official matchmaking though), nor allowing to play without a CD-Key (license).

all games are hosted by Blizzard's Battlenet still
Is this true? Just a random passerby wondering the truth, here. I thought I read somewhere that WC3Champions dropped support for Battlenet in favor of their own servers because of how it drastically improved their gameplay ping and performance and stuff. I might have misread.

1665783990541.png

Status
Not open for further replies.