• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Test map problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys. first of all, this might be confusing but I'll try to make as simple as I can.

It's known that in JNGP you have to save the map in order to test it (in-case it contains JASS) but when I try to save the map it says : "Could not find map path, please try saving again"

This might be happening because I'm saving a map which I opened from a campaign. "No problem" I thought and "Saved As" the map. In this case the problem was solved BUT all the imports (specially models) got removed since they were in the campaign itself.

Re-importing all the stuff in every single map is.. difficult. Is there a way to fix this ?

Level 28
You can not test your imported models to your map while working on the Campaign, that's why they didn't shows up during testing.

Try to save all the maps, and then open WC3 and test your campaign,
Also the idea of importing every models to a specifed map will make your campaign look bigger (size)

Level 6
But I can't save. An error occurs "Could not find map path, please try saving again"

I even tested in wc3 and the map won't start. (black screen)

Open OE and go to file. Export all object data. Go to TE and do the same thing - export all triggers. Then go to Import Manager and export all files. Open a new map. Got back to each of these an import your files. Save the data in folders so you can easily identify them. Import the data and test to make sure you have everything. The close the old file. If you need the terrain/units/doodads from the old map, then c&p and use the window tab to go back and forth between maps until you have everything. Make sure you can save the new map before deleting the old one. Good luck,

Level 6
Nope. a solution would be to be able to save and test the map while it's in the campaign/campaign editor.. however, it keeps saying "could not find map path, please try saving again" :ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

Level 6
Doesn't let me test either.

I'm using vJASS.

Still awaiting approval for Blizzmod account to download JNGP2.

Still awaiting approval for Blizzmod account to download JNGP2.

Why would you need approval for JNPG?

Also, select all and copy should work for doodads and large maps. I've done it on 196x196. My solution for exporting all data and starting over is the only thing that will work, unless you have found a way to prevent the error. I do agree that trying JNPG might be a good call too.

Level 6
@Legal_Ease Blizzmod forums' rules apparently.

Your solution is the only thing left for me. Although it will be a pain to re-work the map.

Ah, the old classic issue with JNGP <--> Campaigns

To sum it up, JNGP's JassHelper has issues tracking the map location, since the map itself (which inside the campaign), is virtually not existent as a map file (w3x) in your computer. This means, the map CANNOT be compiled.

To resolve this issue, I'm afraid the best solution would be either to copy the entire data set and export the map out from the campaign OR with luck, you can export the map out from the campaign, open the map then compile it, then save it then import it back.

Or, the last choice is using an extension in JNGP 2.0.X, I forgot the name, but it is a new one in JNGP. It allows Campaign saving.

----

Have you tried normal editor? It will instantly solve this case actually, unless... Yeah, limit break or vJass (or both).

Level 6
To sum it up, JNGP's JassHelper has issues tracking the map location, since the map itself (which inside the campaign), is virtually not existent as a map file (w3x) in your computer. This means, the map CANNOT be compiled.

@Warseeker This explains the whole problem. I hope you understand it from Daffa's reply. In conclusion, JNGP and campaign editor are fierce enemies. (in case you're using vJass)

Or, the last choice is using an extension in JNGP 2.0.X, I forgot the name, but it is a new one in JNGP. It allows Campaign saving.

*drools* give me a name.

Have you tried normal editor? It will instantly solve this case actually, unless... Yeah, limit break or vJass (or both).

I'm using vJass for spells.

Level 6
@Daffa I must have not followed the instructions correctly, 'cause I got an error while saving the map : "Extracting Error! File "0\ScExp\LastBuiltMap.w3x" not found!"

And thanks for the link man. +Rep

Level 6
@PublishedShadow the Save As part makes the map work (as I said before) but all imports get lost, since they're inside the campaign, and the Save As method creates a map not attached to the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.