1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terror of the Tides Thread

Discussion in 'The 2 Player Campaign' started by McQvaBlood, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here's a little status report. I'm also writing this little summary here so that I won't forget these until tomorrow.
    So I have the first map 90% and the second map 80% done.
    I still need to implent the code and powerup system into the first map and I still need to do the same for the second map, along with the shared techtree and upgrades system. These are, however, already done on a separate map, so this shouldn't take very long. There's a bug in my upgrade system that I know of and that I will need to fix, but that ain't anything big either. However, I have not coded -exchange yet.
    I need to code the Mine ability and add the new hero in both maps, but I have specifically done the maps in such a way that it shouldn't take very long. (I also need to download and import a hero glow or find a model that could replace the Warden. However, since I couldn't find any, I will use the Assassin model for now.)
    I have the insane mode settings done on the first map, however, this is still missing on the second map.
    I need to change the upkeep levels to 2 player campaign upkeep levels.

All in all, I believe I may be able to upload two maps here tomorrow or the day after. Without a rank system. I still don't know if I really want to include a rank system in the first release.

As always, feel free to comment.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. Skar

Skar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here, may be old, but is functional, is the same hero glow I use in my map.

I will be waiting for that. =)

3. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I get delayed very often, mainly due to my stupidity. But I'm getting used to coding these maps and once I have a firm style of converting them, I believe production will be quite fast.

I would rather spend a few more days ensuring everything works on the first and second map.

4. Twizter

Twizter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh, how about a "Mystic Cage" spell, or banish, or some grappling hook or something. The mine thing just seems so.. meh. As for the Ulti, if your thinking Vengance, then I have two ideas :
    1. She turns into some kind of creature (like Illidian)
    2. She summons a creature that instead of creating soldiers from corpses, heals troops

5. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, sorry I've been out of the loop for a while now.
    But I'm back and my custom chapter is back on track.
    Its great to hear that McQva is really considering doing this : >

Ok my thoughts on the thing:
    It might /not/ be too late to think about Naisha,
    After all, so far all my custom characters have been based on real lore characters (this doesn't mean this one has to be, but y'know)
    Anyway, maybe she could be split up from Maiev, and be given a different path to take.
    Although, she still needs to die, and other things.
    So its up to you.

As for a possible ulti for this other warden, I don't know if a "Vengeance" transformation would be appropriate, Maiev's spell is a manifestation of her own vengeance, and I can't imagine a sub-character feeling so strongly too xP
    A summon might not be appropriate either, after all, Maiev creates many summons with her spell.

I can only think of either an area damage spell, an "assassination" spell, or maybe something that compliments Maiev's summons.

Also McQva, if theres anything you need to know just PM me!

6. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, well, I haven't had any status reports either lately.

The first two chapters are practically done. I added the new hero but ended up with only two abilities (Since many of you said that the mine ability does not fit her that much.) and one of them bug sometimes and I can't find out why.

If I manage to fix that, I promise I'll really post the beta for the first two maps now, so I can officially take up production by posting the first few maps as proof that I'm doing this.

I'm also somewhat disappointed that I can't use Naisha, but she dies in such an awkward section of the map that I really can't have two heroes for the last few minutes, if I'm to stick to the lore. Maiev leaves Naisha saying that: "My powers will allow me to escape, but I fear there's no way out for the rest of you." She replies: "Go, Mistress! The Godess will light our path to the hereafter." So she can't follow her to the entrance. This is deep down in the Tomb of Sargeras. There's absolutely no way I can get a hero down there halfway through the map. I also thought about splitting the heroes. Maiev flees, while Naisha has to survive against Naga & Tomb Guardians. But then I thought it would be pointless and humiliating to require Naisha to survive against a wave of creeps only to be smashed to death by rocks.

Btw, I think I have an idea for the ultimate.
    Channeling. You target an area. An unselectable shadow version of all allied and enemy unit in the area are created, who attack enemy units in the area randomly for 50%~ normal damage. If a unit dies/leaves the area, the shadow associated with that unit disappears. Lasts 15~ seconds.

7. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I think I will interfere here. Why would that have been pointless? In my opinion that makes her sacrifice more important and... personal? I may be wrong - but still you shouldn't reject this idea so fast.

8. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, what makes it pointless is that no matter how hard she tries, she will get smashed to death by a huge chunk of the ceiling of the Tomb of Sargeras.

I really don't want to make Naisha a hero. I don't feel like I'm able to use that character without disrespecting her lore. And so I shall not.

9. Princsky

Princsky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey people im new to this map making thing but for the ulti you coud make an attack which woud like shout an dagger or something and create coppies of your enemies which woud be their shadows to attack the enemy and the enemy had to attack their shadows.
    And please dont make Naisha a hero in the campaign because it woud really ruin the story if she survived not only because you woud then have too make changes to the missions with furion and Tirande the story woudnt make any sense wenn you woud have to move her from the game except you make a litle cutscene in which she says something like she has to go get some reinforcemets or something and then i dont know dies ...

10. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If for some reason Naisha becomes a hero, she will die in the Tomb of Sargeras. I have no intention of changing the story.

11. Princsky

Princsky

Resources:
    Resources:
    but then you woud have to put that warden into the game and if you ask for my opinion i think that it woud be better to put a hero at the beggining of the which woud follow Maiev to the End.

12. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Which is the case.
    I never wanted Naisha to become a hero.

13. Princsky

Princsky

Resources:
    Resources:
    then everithig is going to be good
    so do you have a idea for the ulti?

14. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After much hesitation, I've decided to change the heroes controlled on Chapter Seven from
    Maiev + Malfurion to Maiev and Malfurion + New Warden
    The second player also gains control of Magroth the Defender if you complete the optional quest.
    This is to maintain the control of heroes per players. (Player One always controls Maiev, Malfurion, Player Two always controls Tyrande, NewWarden, if they are available.

This thread is now closed. If you wish to discuss the Sentinel campaign, you can do it here.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.