• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
When I've started my map I've made a very big mistake and forgot to turn on the water when the terrain height is under a value. If it is possible, how can I turn this on? Now when I lower the terrain height it just makes my a dried hole but I want one with water in it.

Level 23
From what I know, don't blame me if that's wrong since I only work with preadjusted maps, this is not possible, however this does not mean the end of your terrain. You can use the water tile that is included in the UTM instead to gain water instead.
The UTM can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/ultimate-terraining-map-3-0-a-45316/
Just extract the tile from this.
But note: this is only my knowledge about it, someone else might been more experienced in that field!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Turn on the water flag for every terrain node. In the flag bits for each terrain node, there is a set of flags (water, ramp, etc) which you can toggle.

Ofcourse, WE being a piece of crap and failing does not give you access to these flags at a low level. You will need a script or program that is capable of editing .w3e files (the terrain node list file) which your map uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.