• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] [Terrain] Custom cliffs become walkable when map is saved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

These cliffs are not normally walkable, i.e. you can't get on the Ashenvale rock as it acts as a wall.

But when I make edits to the map and save it, the cliffs suddenly become walkable.

So what do I need to do to make sure these rock cliffs aren't walkable when I save the map? I have misc.txt or whatever in my UI folder...

2u7szrs.png

See, my character shouldn't be able to even get on top of those rocks.

Level 15
I did that and set that tile to not walkable, buildable, and flyable.

Units can still walk over it though....and I did restart the editor several times like it said.

1zf4uub.png

2udxs93.png

Level 15
When I enable it, I get an error: "Cannot start plugin."

Edit: Ok it works, but now the editor startup window has changed (it's UMWSE). Will this have any other detrimental affects on my editing?

Level 26
You can alternatively use a custom TerrainArt\Terrain.slk. Activate local files in your registry, put the file under Warcraft III\TerrainArt\Terrain.slk. Then restart editor. The editor generates the global pathing map from terrain data among others when saving. Actually, UMSWE should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.