• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walkable and Destroyable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Evening.

I've currently run into a problem: I'm trying to make a destructible targetable in order for it to be destroyed, while it has enabled walkability for units to walk on it. I have managed everything except this part. I have also enabled my wall, which is a destructible, to be walkable and reacts ingame by showing HP when dragging the mouse over it. But dont react to the attack command properly. My wall also has a pathing map I made with walkable blue pathing framed by unwalkable magenta pathing.

After searching the forum, I came to the solution to just make the destructible non-targetable and walkable with a dummy building beneath and triggered a collapse. But is this the only solution?

Thanks!

Go to your destructible, and the fields:
Pathing - Is walkable -> Change it to True.
Art - Selectable in game -> True.

If these options don't leave you happy, yes, there is no other solution. If you want a destructible to be indeed destruct-able, then it is required to be target-able, so hp is displayed. The dummy building would also reveal an hp bar, and, if you add locust to it, then you won't be able to target it. You can only make a triggered attack via trackables. Search for trackables.

Level 5
is there a way to make a bridge where units can walk under and over it without making 2regions and using a trigger to move the units to the other side of the bridge?

Update: oh come on! No reply?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.