• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wanna Clear things up about Walkable's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
First thing is how is it that a model as a destructable selected as "walkable" your able to walk on it and when you put it as a doodad and select "walkable" its not walkable like a destructable.

Basically only a destructable is walkable even though I remember once I thought I made a doodad walkable, but I stop around its borders like its not selected walkable.

If both are able to enable "walkable" function, can you explain what things must be set? Im a veteran map maker by now, but I never fully understood this.

Last edited:
Level 14
erm i'm not sure, what you want, but i would never use walkable objects themselves.

I would use the walkable platforms, that you cant see ingame to perform any of those walkable actions.

So you can use doodads and combine them with those platforms to get the best out of a nice landscaping.

If you want to learn, how to make custom Pathing Maps for your buildings, i can tell you how, if this is, what you want.^^

Level 7
I figured it out now. Actually found that doodads aren't walkable at all but destructables are. Im making buildings of my own and importing them into wc3 to view them in a 1st person view so I can walk on and around them.

I made my own pathing texture but I found theres just a limit to how big u can make a walkable destructable since theres like a 1024 radius where anything past that circle aroundthe the model isnt walkable anymore.

My best bet is to mod something like halo evolved and stick my buildings in there for master chief to walk around on. Then I could even model the inside and walk inside of it so that sounds best.

Level 14
well, as i already said, it would be easier to create that building out of doodads, and use invisible platforms to create the walking paths, because you can change the height easily by changing the platforms 'z'-factor.

Dont know how you want to perform a complex building as a unit with a pathing map. I tested this way, and i recognized that sometimes, the Editor doesnt initialisize the units correctly and so you fall down somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.