• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Contest #8 Theme - Poll

Why is this here? Useless.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Which theme would you like to see for the next terraining contest?

-
Diablo - Create a terrain that is similar to an area in one of the Diablo games.

Heaven vs Hell - Create a terrain that depicts the epic battle between heaven and hell. Does not have to include units. Basically a contrast terrain.

Wonders of the World - Create one of the wonders of the world. http://wonderclub.com/AllWorldWonders.html

Steampunk - Pretty obvious. If you don't know what steampunk is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Elements - Create a wind, fire, water, and air terrain.

Emotional - Terrain must convey an emotion.

Sorry, no wc2. Still not sure how you'd terrain wc2.

Level 34
I find it funny that people were saying to just go with Wonders of the World, and now that there is a poll, it's losing.

Level 7
i wonder isnt it extremly difficult to make a emotional terrain?

In fact I still miss a proper definintion of 'emotional' + 'terrain'.
Have no clue what it could be.
A romance scene? a sad burial?

Wonders of the world are pretty cool but too predetermined.
At the end we have several pyramides of Gizeh. :D

[x] Steampunk.
Open theme, fully load of creativity needed. 8]

Level 34
I don't think mythology failed, except with Voids dumb judging method. Just because the theme is vague, doesn't mean the contest was a failure. We got some amazing terrains from it.

You guys might be right though, having a vague theme isn't exactly great, and emotional is pretty hard to define. I'll think about it.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I don't think mythology failed, except with Voids dumb judging method. Just because the theme is vague, doesn't mean the contest was a failure. We got some amazing terrains from it.

You guys might be right though, having a vague theme isn't exactly great, and emotional is pretty hard to define. I'll think about it.

It failed at the point that people made terrains completely out of the theme. Vague themes do this, that's why Emotions sounds bad for me.

Level 36
I didnt say that the theme failed, I'm just saying that it would be the same as saying "Hey, lets do a contest without a theme! Terrain whatever the hell you want to, and may the best one win!"

Now, I dont really have anything against that, in particulare. But people do tend to like a contest to have some sort of boundaries. However... Wonders of the Worlds sounds even more idiotic to me. The whole theme is about mimicing one of 7 possible "wonders" and that instantly means we will have many people terraining the same bloody thing, which will give a boring contest, for my taste.

It can, however, also have something to do with me not liking to have to mimic something that already exists :p

Level 34
It failed at the point that people made terrains completely out of the theme. Vague themes do this, that's why Emotions sounds bad for me.
It failed in that regard, but I wouldn't call the contest a failure.

I didnt say that the theme failed, I'm just saying that it would be the same as saying "Hey, lets do a contest without a theme! Terrain whatever the hell you want to, and may the best one win!"
Which I've realized, and said I would think on it.

Now, I dont really have anything against that, in particulare. But people do tend to like a contest to have some sort of boundaries. However... Wonders of the Worlds sounds even more idiotic to me. The whole theme is about mimicing one of 7 possible "wonders" and that instantly means we will have many people terraining the same bloody thing, which will give a boring contest, for my taste.
Did you not read the description, the other thread, or go to the link? There are far more than 7. They also aren't all buildings, there are natural wonders.

It can, however, also have something to do with me not liking to have to mimic something that already exists :p
Can't help that. :p

Level 18
In fact I still miss a proper definintion of 'emotional' + 'terrain'.
Have no clue what it could be.
A romance scene? a sad burial?

Wonders of the world are pretty cool but too predetermined.
At the end we have several pyramides of Gizeh. :D

[x] Steampunk.
Open theme, fully load of creativity needed. 8]

But of course you would pick this for construction would be a key element in the basic idea of it. And that is obviously your specialty. ;)

Level 36
Did you not read the description, the other thread, or go to the link? There are far more than 7. They also aren't all buildings, there are natural wonders.

Ah, right. I thought the conclution of the idea of "Wonders of the World" was meant to be the seven originals, I was wrong then. Still dont like the idea of having to terrain from something I am looking at >.>

Level 34
When I saw 'emotion', instantly this terrain came to mind.
12886d1189664971-madsens-terrain-showcase-graveyard-wt66-3small.jpg

However I think the theme was a poor choice.

Level 14
I have no idea what you could make with a Heaven vs hell,

however if it's a Steampunk theme I might join.

Level 19
As long as it will become wonders, elements or steampunk I'm happy! Not looking forward to another heaven vs hell or good vs bad or black vs white theme it's starting to get unoriginal. And about the emotional theme..

If I terrain something you will instantly become emotional anyway because it's so damn good!!!!!!!

Level 34
Like I said, it's more of a contrast terrain. It can be all landscape, and a heavenly landscape could be colliding with a hellish one. I think it could have similar problems it emotional and mythological, but hopefully not as bad.

Level 34
If anyone wants to change their vote from emotional to something else, let me know, cus it won't be hosted. My bad, sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.