• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain and Map Layout Complete - Screenshots

Level 4
I finished the terrain and map layout a long time ago, but here are some screen shots for those who haven't seen it before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes, I realize this isn't the most amazing terrain you've ever seen, but bear in mind that this IS a TD, and filling it up with too many more doodads and details may end up hindering the player. I feel that the amount of decoration that is already in place is a nice amount to give a comfortable feel, yet not be overbearing.

I only displayed detailed views of the red player's default area, since all other areas are exactly the same, with a difference only in either rotation, mirror image, or a combination of both. As a result, all 8 areas are unique, yet are technically the same.

Attachments

• BottomLeft.jpg
    BottomLeft.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • BottomRight.jpg
    BottomRight.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,105
  • BottomView.jpg
    BottomView.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,113
  • FullLayout.jpg
    FullLayout.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,243
  • TopLeft.jpg
    TopLeft.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • TopRight.jpg
    TopRight.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 982
  • TopView.jpg
    TopView.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,361
Level 1
I know that the terrain isn't a big factor in TD & too many doodads can be hinderance but hey how about some more tile variations? They won't hinder & make it look better. Just a small idea.

Level 4
Yeah, I've considered that, but that would be something I would do after a beta release. I'm leaving more aesthetic things for after I have a functional playable version ;)

Level 4
Well, you could, but there isn't much space there. And building them all next to the entrance doesn't provide you with much room to move about and have effective tower attacking range. It makes more sense to concentrate your towers in the middle section, and placing towers here and there around the other places as well.