Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrain and Map Layout Complete - Screenshots

Discussion in 'Cowardice TD' started by Zaraf, May 19, 2009.

1. Zaraf

Zaraf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I finished the terrain and map layout a long time ago, but here are some screen shots for those who haven't seen it before.

Screenshots
    Overall Layout
    [​IMG]

Bottom Portion - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Top Portion - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Bottom Right Corner - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Bottom Left Corner - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Top Left Corner - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Top Right Corner - Red's Default Area
    [​IMG]

Yes, I realize this isn't the most amazing terrain you've ever seen, but bear in mind that this IS a TD, and filling it up with too many more doodads and details may end up hindering the player. I feel that the amount of decoration that is already in place is a nice amount to give a comfortable feel, yet not be overbearing.

I only displayed detailed views of the red player's default area, since all other areas are exactly the same, with a difference only in either rotation, mirror image, or a combination of both. As a result, all 8 areas are unique, yet are technically the same.

Attached Files:

2. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that the terrain isn't a big factor in TD & too many doodads can be hinderance but hey how about some more tile variations? They won't hinder & make it look better. Just a small idea.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I've considered that, but that would be something I would do after a beta release. I'm leaving more aesthetic things for after I have a functional playable version ;)

4. MR. FJ

MR. FJ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really think should have more than 1 entrance to each players area, because right now you could just build all towers right next to the portal? Or am I misunderstnading something?

5. Zaraf

Zaraf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you could, but there isn't much space there. And building them all next to the entrance doesn't provide you with much room to move about and have effective tower attacking range. It makes more sense to concentrate your towers in the middle section, and placing towers here and there around the other places as well.

6. Hamsamwich

Hamsamwich

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks at "unlike any other" *glances at the game called Gridlock* i believe it is on epicwar