• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terrain Affect Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, guys

I'd like to remove the terrain warp effect from Thunder Clap and Shockwave abilities, because it causes tremendous lags, because my map is so big. Is there any way to make these spells not affect the terrain????

Level 1
I think you can't remove it .

If you're trying to make custom spell .. don't use Thunder Clap and Shockwave as base spell it will lag due to its terrain deformation .. use Roar or Battle Roar as instant and Carrion Swarm or Breath of Fire for target point ability ..

Level 11
For Thunder Clap, if you don't need it to slow attack speed, you can use an ability based on the item abilities Rune of Speed or Scroll of Haste. Just set the speed bonus to a negative %. That way you only have to trigger the damage, which is really easy. Otherwise you'll have to create a second dummy ability based on Slow with as many levels.

For Shockwave just use Carrion Swarm instead. Make the start and end areas the same size and it'll function as normal line damage instead of a cone.

Level 3
45 level or ?

if u do that much level why dont make 1 level and customize the damage with trigger?

I don't know how to do that. But the old fashioned WC3 ability system is fine, it just shuffles the hero abilities each time the game is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.