• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Deformation Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You don't have to panic immidiately just because you have heard that deformations are "dirty" effects. True, it's adviced not to use many spells that trigger deformation, yet some won't hurt.
Please share more of your knowledge. For example which spells, when can terrain deformation desyncs happen, etc..

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Which spells? This has nothing to do with spells, but the terrain deformation itself. terraindeformation handle always leak, there is no way of removing them. The desync can mostly only occur when in the same game sesion there are people playing on different OS and with different visual settings. Every time unit is exposed to deformation, desync might occur.

I'm unsure about native spells that cause deformations, yet those are probably troublesome too.

Level 8
You don't have to panic immidiately just because you have heard that deformations are "dirty" effects. True, it's adviced not to use many spells that trigger deformation, yet some won't hurt.

I recently watched a replay where some guy casted a spell that used thunderclap and the game desynced 2 seconds later. Nothing else was happening during the time that happened so I want to fix this asap.

Level 12
Hm, thats the only thing everyone seems to know about it. Different OS... terrain deformation... can happen... dont use it...

Status
Not open for further replies.