• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Templar Justicar

Just a simple model I'd decided I wanted to make.

Feel free to use or modify this model, so long as you give me credit for my work.

EDIT: Slight edit to the Walk Fast animation.

Keywords:
Knight, Templar, Warrior, Soldier, Footman, Horned, Winged, Longsword, Kiteshield, Greathelm, Platemail
Contents

Templar Justicar (Model)

Reviews
17:21, 1st Sep 2014 Misha: that's a quite nice knight model there..

M

17:21, 1st Sep 2014
Misha: that's a quite nice knight model there..

Level 7
Awesome:)

If anyone else got an Age of Empires II flashback/inspiration out of this, I've got a playable half-finished map on the theme and I'm willing to handle it's development to someone else, since I won't have the time to complete it together with my main project and other staff.

Level 9
4/5 as it feels incomplete I think some speed on the first and second attack animation need adjusting along with the morph is needed to perfect the alternate and perhaps a kneel stand animation could be cool overall good model keep up the creativity it's a plus.

Looks good, I noticed a few stuff though. The helmet could be made sharper. In Stand Anim, the model lacks fluid movement as the head's position changes are minimal. In Stand 2, the blade/hand shifts angle too fast, even before the model faces that way.

The Attack/Spell Anims are okay. However the Walk Anims are too stiff.

Other than that, this is a cool model.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Yay! Age of empires 2 Teutonic Knight! 4/5

Level 24
Looks good, I noticed a few stuff though. The helmet could be made sharper. In Stand Anim, the model lacks fluid movement as the head's position changes are minimal. In Stand 2, the blade/hand shifts angle too fast, even before the model faces that way.

The Attack/Spell Anims are okay. However the Walk Anims are too stiff.

Other than that, this is a cool model.

I agree with CM here,

at Stand 1-2, Spell and Spell Throw, his head lacks a little movements
the Attack animations looks cool
at Attack Slam, the attack looks too fast, I think
Spell Throw has a little slow motion,
and what CM said, the Walk anims are too stiff, (is he in a hurry)

Other than that, has neat textures, very good wrappings and meshes
Good Job :)
4/5

Level 49
THAT SHIELD MAN, THAT SHIELD. like what i said in the picture comment, this is just fantastic. could've used a little bounce on those walk animations but its fine as it is. the black armor looks cool on him.

For anyone that may ask, follow these instructions to change my Justicar into a unit, rather than a Hero.

♦ Open the model (Downloadable on the Model Section) in Magos' Model Editor.
♦ Copy this number: 20875
♦ Go into the Node Editor, right click on each bone, other than "Ribbon".
♦ Open the Translation and then Rotation tabs for each bone.
♦ Scroll through the numbers until you find something that looks like this:
For Translation: 20875: { #, #, # }
For Rotation: 20875: { #, #, #, # }
♦ Copy the numbers you see in the {} brackets, look down until you see the number 22500
♦ Delete every set of numbers and brackets between 20875-22500
♦ Put the exact same Rotation/Translation values in the 22500 brackets as you did in the 20875 brackets.
♦ Rename "Dissipate" to Decay Flesh
♦ Right click the "Mother" Helper node, go to Translation, type in:
20875: { 0, 0, 0 }
22500: { 0, 0, -50 }
♦ Go to the Scaling option of the "Mother" node, type this in:
26500: { 0, 0, 0 }
28000: { 0, 0, 0 }
♦ Go to the Sequence Editor, create an animation with the extents 26500-28000 and name it Decay Bone.
♦ Go into the Node Editor, creating a Bone named Guts under the Mother node.
♦ Create a fitting bone mesh using the "Textures/Gutz.blp" texture, in the same pose as the dead Justicar, going into the Geoset Editor and saving it as "JboneMesh0.geo"
♦ Reopen the TemplarJusticar.MDL file and import JboneMesh0.geo, attaching it to the Guts bone.
♦ Open notepad, and the Sequence Editor, copying the "From:" extent number from each animation, putting them in numerical order, for example:
83: { 0, 0, 0 }
1250: { 0, 0,0 }
2500: { 0, 0, 0 }
♦ Copy and Paste the notepad numbers you took down in the Scaling section of Guts, once you've made doubly sure you've copied them all.
♦ Make sure these are at the very bottom of the list:
26500: { 1, 1, 1 }
28000: { 1, 1, 1 }
♦ Make sure that every other set of brackets in the Guts' Scaling section is at { 0, 0, 0 }

Congratulations, you just made your own decay animations, while removing the Dissipate animation from the model itself. Everyone has permission to use and edit my work so long as it is still considered MY work, and I am credited for what I've already done.