• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TellTale's The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves this game!

This game has, in my opinion, revolutionized storytelling in video games. Never before has a game made me cry, but I'm not ashamed to admit that tears were shed when I finished this game. Simply amazing.

They are making another game called The Wolf Among Us, based on the comic Fables. Almost equally awesome.

Their writing, especially on the characters is simply incredible. I don't think I've ever felt as much for a video game character as I felt for Clementine when playing this.

I realize not all are into the point and click gameplay, but if you're the least bit interested in plot and character driven games, you shouldn't miss out on this storytelling masterpiece.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I really loved The Walking Dead Season 1, even if the game had bottlenecks all over the place. It felt more like an interactive movie than a real adventure game, though. Which is a bummer. I wish it had more Point-and-click feel to it.

Clementine is probably the first child character in games that I really cared for. At no time did I feel like she was actually a burden for the main character. Which is refreshing, seeing all the games that did this "protect the child" thing terribly wrong in the past.

And needless to say, the end of season 1 was an emotional firing squad.

That being said, I'm not sure if I like what season 2 is doing to so far. It has some interesting characters and they did well to make some decisions really really hard on a subconscious level ("Who do I want to sit with?" still makes me shiver... that was a BRILLIANT moment, telltale!).
But I don't like that Clementine is the main character now. It feels... weird. It's not the same that way. I don't feel that parental protectiveness anymore with me playing Clem directly. I miss that vulnerability. It was a huge part of the appeal of season 1. Clem now has a subtle overpoweredness to her in the second season and I also feel that she looks a lot less cute compared to her appearance from season 1. Almost into the zone of the uncanny valley.

And I'm totally not okay with the decision telltale made on THAT CHARACTER in season 2. If you played episode 2, you probably know what I mean. I mean; don't get me wrong, I was like "emarghard!" and it was an intense moment, but I don't think that it adds to the believability. I mean, come on telltale ... really?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.