• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teleport to a specific location Ability ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi sorry to bother you guys, but i have been trying to work out an ability, that when clicked starts channeling for a little while, and then teleports the hero to a specific location, been trying to play around with the triggers for a while, but it seems like i just cant get anywhere at all, if anyone can shed some light or i help me out with the ability/trigger i would appreciate it alot.

Level 3
event; Unit starts effect of an ability
Condition; ability being caster equal to your ability
Actions: Move your unit to location

pretty simple if you ask me. Or you can base the spell on the blink to skip the triggering part

Does that make it into a channeling ability, imean will silence and stun etc stop the spell for keep casting ?

Level 10
The problem with basing the channeling period off of cast time is that cast time will only delay the casting of the spell for a certain amount of time and do nothing more. The normal behaviour of a channeled spell in WarCraft III (such as Earthquake or Mass Teleport) is that it removes mana and sets the spell on cooldown as soon as it begins channeling. Cast time does not remove mana or induce cooldown. A spell interrupted during its cast time can be immediately casted again with no setbacks. This is not the case with spells such as the regular Mass Teleport.

Maybe you didn't want the default interruption behaviour, in which case the casting time approach is probably preferred.

In case you did want the default interruption behaviour though, I've made an alternative spell attached in the example map. Right now the code just represents the general concept and is neither leak-free nor MUI (only one instance of this spell can be active at a time). I unfortunately do not have the time to explain the spell right now. If you want me to explain it then just leave a response and I'll explain later. Sorry about the inconvieniance. =)

Attachments

• Teleport Example Map.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.