• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

teleport graphic on waygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im looking for a way to change the art that is used when a unit goes through a waygate (the blue mass teleport rings) so that they dont apear.
I want to do it this way so that computer AI is less effected by waygates.

I created an 'under' bridge with waygates but the blue graphic and sound that is played as each unit goes under messes with how the game looks, and its just anoying.

I need either a way to get rid if this or the file path to replace it with a blank mdl.

Thanks.

Level 28
Yes, as there is no effect, buff etc on the waygate ability you'll need to replace it. The path is one of the three following:
Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportCaster.mdx
or
Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportTarget.mdx
or both, meaning you will have to import the blank model twice and give them the different paths.

yea i figured it used the tp graphics, checking to see if this works.

EDIT: thanks anyways but that didnt seem to work (unless im doing sumthing wrong)

1 creat new model in war3mdl editor.
2 save model.
3 import model.
4 repeat step 3.
5 set the full paths to Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportT arget.mdx and Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\\MassTeleportC aster.mdx

Last edited:
Level 19
Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdx
Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdx

Or Explore the mpq some

Ive searched the entire mpq (ROC, TFT, and patch) all ive found is;

Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportCaster.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl

Does anyone know how to make units who use a region tp retain there previous order? i could set the waypoints cast range to 1 so they will still use ai to head to the location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.