Techtree Contest #15 Entry - Druidian Movement
What if Mal'furion Stormrage was a lot more active in the world rather than residing within the Emerald Dream for centuries at a time?
A borderline demigod guiding his druid brethren towards their destiny of maintaining the harmony within the world of Azeroth, Mal'furion Stormrage finds the current affairs of the world intriguing, to a degree. With an abundance of magical energies permeating throughout the world, he wished not to be reminded of the great war with the Legion, and devoted the rest of his time to the philosophy of a druid.
While having learned secrets of the earth privy to only a few, Mal'furion knew that sharing these secrets for the good of all would be to the benefit of all who live in the world, and sought out fellow companions in many of these races. Eventually, he would create the Druidian Movement, a sect of druids barring none from entering, save for a lack of devotion to Nature herself.
Image Courtesy of RalphHorsey on Deviant Art
Despite their limited roster, the Druidian Movement is a far more formidable faction than what many might think. With their deep connection to nature, they can easily confuse their enemies to oblivion. Their ability to meld into the shadows is superior to that of the Sentinels, and their borrowed power strong enough to instantly halt entire armies.
No matter how vast their Olympic reach encompasses, they can be easily suppressed by flying armies, to which they have no true answer.
Without Mal'furion's guidance, they are initially very weak, unaware of their mortality and potential. As Mal'furion begins to teach them, they gradually become stronger and more aware, and in the long run, their potential is realized. It can be said that Mal'furion is their commander, but from the lens of an Acolyte, no commander guides their subordinates towards their potential.
How To Select The Race
||Primary town hall for the Druidian Movement. Can be used to gather gold from gold mines.|
||A Tier-2 town hall for the Druidian Movement. Unlocks armor and damage upgrades, as well as certain abilities.|
||A Tier-3 town hall for the Druidian Movement. Contains the Savage Beast Upgrade for Night Villagers|
|Altar of Ysera||
||An Altar for summoning Mal'furion and reviving slain Heroes.|
||Lumber Gathering Resource, and Research Building.|
||A Faction-based shop that sells various items.|
A photo containing the Archdruid Sanctuary, and the rest of the structures:
To play as the Druidian Movement, select the Night Elf race. A prompt will appear asking you which of the two factions you'll play as. Select the bottom option (Druidism).
- v.1.0 - Release
- v.1.1 - Bug-fixes, adjustments, and a custom buff display system:
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash when a Druid Villager would be ordered to gather from the town hall right after being stopped. This was due to an previously-unforeseen infinite loop that would occur that could not be caught with a 0-second timer.
- The Emerald Gift Aura will now be hidden when the Evergreen Nest is destroyed.
- The Evergreen Nest now has a new ability, Raiku Leaves. This allows the Evergreen Nest to regularly produce Raiku Leaves, which fall to the ground, and can be picked up by any unit.
- Improved the skill description of Mal'furion's first skill, Force of Nature.
- While in the Second Phase, a cooldown indicator ability will be displayed showing the player the window of time they have to cast the skill.
- Mal'furion's ultimate, Summon Ancestral Spirits, now uses the custom buff display system to determine the current state of the ability.
- The Night Hall and its' upgrades, Druid Acolyte's Taunt ability, Dream Tower, now use the custom buff display system.
- The Druid Acolyte's Taunt ability now has a custom buff that tells the user how much bonus armor the Druid Armor currently has from the Taunt ability.
- The Dream Tower now has a custom buff that tells the user how many units are currently inside it.
- The Dream Tower was resized to more properly reflect the collision sizes of regular towers.
- Reduced the hitpoints of Druid Villagers by 75.
- The Dream Tower's dream ability now deals damage before applying the Dream effect.
- The Druid of the Harpy now gains invulnerability when she goes down from the air (transforming back to her base form). This is to avoid animation bugs that arise when she is killed mid-transformation (upon resurrection, she will use her flying animation even while on the ground).
- The upgrades Goddess Armaments and Shamanic Impetus are now properly locked behind a Tier-3 town hall (Archdruid Sanctuary).
- v.1.1.1 - Bug Fixes, and Optimizations
- Fixed a bug where casting certain spells will crash the game (This was due to the misuse of a BezierEase library, which exceeded the bound interval [0, 1].)
- Probably reduced the amount of time to exit the map significantly.
- Adjusted the Evergreen Nest such that you can only have 5 of them at any given time, from 3.
- Adjusted the Emerald Gift gathering ability so that it runs every 30 seconds, from 20.
- Adjusted the gold cost of the Evergreen Nest and Emerald Gift upgrade.
Removed the lumber cost of the Evergreen Nest and Emerald Gift upgrade.
- The map now has (- Druidian Movement) as a suffix to Duststorm, to help identify which entry is going to be played.
- v.1.2 - Adjustments, and Bug Fixes
- Replaced Anti-magic Potion with Slab of Rock
- Slab of Rock is an item that allows one to cast Hurl Boulder at a target enemy unit. Be careful though, as the item grows in damage with each use.
- Replaced Orb of Venom with Olivian Staff
- Olivian Staff is a permanent item that allows one to silence nearby enemies whenever he/she/it has taken more than 35% of its' health as damage.
- Olivian Staff also grants 75% increased mana regeneration.
- Replaced Staff of Preservation with Scroll of Bulkiness
- Scroll of Bulkiness provides nearby allied units with a permanent damage reduction buff that stacks additively.
- Fixed a bug where killing units with low health are not credited. This was due to the slightly faulty logic with the Damage Event library used in the map, killing the unit by accident instead.
- Raiku Leaves no longer target illusions or summoned units.
- Added Leafy Facade to Druid Acolyte
- Leafy Facade is a target unit ability that creates an illusion of a target, which deals 20% of damage while receiving 100% damage from most damage sources.
- Leafy Facade is available at Tier 3.
- This may be revamped in
the finalsubsequent versions.
- v.1.3 - Nerfs, and adjustments
- Increased food cost of Druid Villagers from 1 to 2.
- Increased food cost of Druids of the Harpy from 2 to 3.
- Increased food cost of Druid Acolytes from 3 to 4.
- Increased food cost of Moon Deaconesses from 3 to 4.
- Decreased total hitpoints of Moon Deaconesses from 375 to 275.
- Decreased total hitpoints of Druid Acolytes from 450 to 350.
- Decreased total hitpoints of Druids of the Harpy from 300 to 250.
- Flying variant similarly reduced from 400 to 375.
- Decreased total hitpoints of Treants - Level 2 from 400 to 325.
- Decreased total hitpoints of Treants - Level 3 from 550 to 400.
- Resurrection time for any unit with a Raiku Leaf buff increased from 5 to 10 seconds.
- Added Earthen Druidess.
- The Earthen Druidess is a powerful spellcaster unit, capable of disrupting the positions of enemy units, as well as cast powerful debuffs through her summoned units, Zionite Golems and Zionite Harbingers.
- Her skillset contains Geo-Distort, Summon Zionite Golem, and Embrace of Zion.
- Armor and Attack upgrades now contain 3 levels. However, only 3 tiers of armor and attack upgrades can be researched at any time.
- For example, if armor upgrade set 1 is upgraded 3 times, one can no longer upgrade armor upgrade set 2.
- However, if armor upgrade set 1 is upgraded 1 or 2 times, one can upgrade the second armor upgrade.
- One can now only choose between Leaf Mastery or Innate Awareness as a potential upgrade for Druid Acolytes.
- Emerald Gift upgrade now has 2 levels. The second level decreases the interval between each lumber production from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. (This is not reflected in the ability description)
- TriggerHappy -> UnitDex
- Spellbound -> Socket System
- Flux, Nestharus -> Dummy Utils
- Almia -> BezierEase
- Just_Spectating -> Villager Druid model
- Lord_T -> Night Elven Town Hall
- Ujimasa Hojo -> Night Elf Farm
-> Savage Tower (Gnoll)
- Jaccouille -> Troll Druid of the Claw
- Callahan -> Thorny Creeper
- Callahan -> Feather Missile
- MN Lahmar -> Magical Missiles
- Kuhneghetz -> Light Feather
- JetFangInferno -> ManaDrainTarget
- Power -> HarvestMana
- Mythic -> Singularity Vol II
- AlienAtSystem -> Circle Buffs
- s4nji -> Night Elf Aura
- xyzier_24 -> Arcane Disperse Aura
- JesusHipster -> ProgressBar
- UgoUgo -> Energy Burst
- MadMax -> Nature Hand
- JesusHipster -> Health Surge
- nhocklanhox6 -> Green Light
- Vitchie08 -> Nature Blessing
- Jaccouille -> Troll Druid of the Claw
- PeeKay -> Tear of the Forest
- The Panda -> BTNLight
- MadMax -> Nature Hand
- Blizzard Ent. -> Replenish
- -Berz- -> Entangle
- PrinceYaser -> Gaia Blessing
- JollyD -> Nature Barrier
- Sin'dorei300 -> Orb Thingy
- CRAZYRUSSIAN -> Lunar Pendant
- PeeKay -> Hunter01 & Hunter02
-> Monk01 & Monk02
Finally, credits to those who have not been mentioned above whose resources are in use here.