• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tavern Heroes?

Would you like to see neutral heroes in taverns?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Wouldn't mind

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
This project is mostly recognized for the amount and incredible quality of the custom races it has to offer.
But does it have place for custom heroes?

Yes, each race already has 4 heroes of its own, leading to a total of 56(!) custom heroes and even more to come. But those are bound to their races, therefore, each existing hero in this project still counts as a part of their custom race.

Addition of neutral heroes can possibly bring a huge chunk of in-depth gameplay, strategy and tactics to the table.

But is this necessary?
That's the first question.

The second question is about who these tavern heroes should or might be, which models are available for them.

A neutral hero shouldn't belong to any faction which is already persistent in game, that's what may make it harder to start creating a hero.

Some people may also find the third question - Who'll take care of creating these custom heroes?

Well, it's up to the developers(decision) and all those brave souls who are willing to commit themselves to it.
Personally, I'd be more than able to contribute.

Anyone is free to write their thoughts about it, give ideas for possible heroes, and even offer their help in case the tavern heroes become a thing.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
You see, that's the problem. With every new playable race in this map there are less and less possible heroes.
And as I said, heroes are not the main focus of this project, races are.

We could see Fire Lord chilling out in taverns in the standard melee.
There are still other elementals, and Fire Lord can be reworked into a new hero.

Dragons are also still there. Heroes who can shapeshift for a brief moment to gain flight and a new set of abilities.

Then, some random mercenaries: Ogres, gnolls, trolls, goblins, etc.
Basically - any creep race can have its own hero sitting somewhere in a tavern.

Level 9
Elemental scould become a race itself...
Dragons are used by many races...
I seenk some lore rapes have to be done for neutral heroes.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
There is one word(/three words) to essentially negates any issues with this. However, I have to ask first: what does UB currently do with the existing Tavern heroes (and/or with the existing custom factions)?

I.e. the Pandaren: do they have the Brewmaster as a hero, or do they have 4 custom ones? Do the Naga have the Sea Witch, or the Forsaken the Dark Ranger? If the former, what's the replacement (if any)? If the latter, what's the explanation?

Level 14
Elemental scould become a race itself...
Dragons are used by many races...
I seenk some lore rapes have to be done for neutral heroes.

Exactly, Dragonspawn is considered as a separated race.
Elementals: barely, cause they are minions inside of many races

There is one word(/three words) to essentially negates any issues with this. However, I have to ask first: what does UB currently do with the existing Tavern heroes (and/or with the existing custom factions)?

I.e. the Pandaren: do they have the Brewmaster as a hero, or do they have 4 custom ones? Do the Naga have the Sea Witch, or the Forsaken the Dark Ranger? If the former, what's the replacement (if any)? If the latter, what's the explanation?

Not at all, each race have unique heroes and do not involve to any Tavern heroes...

Plus, I see no problem with more and more new heroes to come (other maps such as Dota have more than 132 heroes). If anyone willing to contribute and take that responsibility, then go ahead and have a plan for it, create them in advance. (Unlike heroes in each race, they have to be considered much more in term of balance, theme due to their involvement in any race battles.

Edit: Its not only about Neutral Heroes, Its also concerns about purchasable items in neutral environments.

Level 14
The only custom neutral heroes i could think of that are not in Ultimate battle would be the old god minions.

The minions are from different races. At least three i think.

The Faceless Ones = Yogg-Saron

Qiraji = C'Thun

The Merciless Ones = N'Zoth

Faceless Void is also a unique race, and these assigned ideas for those God minions could possibly be heroes of their race by their own term, similar to Deathwing appearance inside Twilight Force.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Not at all, each race have unique heroes and do not involve to any Tavern heroes...
Ok, so you guys went with 'addition' rather than 'replacement'... Is there any attempt made at squaring this with the Lore, or not?

~~~

The word(s) is/are "Renegade/Splinter Faction". You can really explain the existence of a Neutral hero of the same race through the (narrative) use of that concept. Basically, just because the Dark Ranger is a Forsaken, doesn't mean she's necessarily aligned with the custom Forsaken race; she may very well be a renegade.

The same can be said of any existing, or future, custom Neutral/Tavern hero. Should be no problem, even if their 'race' is already in the mod. Human. Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Pandaren, Naga, Gnoll, Ogre... Etc.

Level 14
Ok, so you guys went with 'addition' rather than 'replacement'... Is there any attempt made at squaring this with the Lore, or not?

~~~

The word(s) is/are "Renegade/Splinter Faction". You can really explain the existence of a Neutral hero of the same race through the (narrative) use of that concept. Basically, just because the Dark Ranger is a Forsaken, doesn't mean she's necessarily aligned with the custom Forsaken race; she may very well be a renegade.

The same can be said of any existing, or future, custom Neutral/Tavern hero. Should be no problem, even if their 'race' is already in the mod. Human. Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Pandaren, Naga, Gnoll, Ogre... Etc.

At first, we try to focus only on WC universe by default, but after seeing the potential resources and settlement. We also decide to add Races from other Blizzard games as well (Starcraft, Diablo, Warhammer 40k, Doom...) and No Anime bullshit...

Renegade/Splinter Faction: We got it!

Level 34
Agree with Kyrbi0, basically the tavern heroes are mercenaries or lonely adventurers (with the exception of the fire lord and the pit lord), so basically you can make a hero of any existing race that can fit the concept of a hero for hire (could be a bandit lord, an elven assassin, a rogue wizard, etc), you can even make heroes of splinter factions of the races: i.e. an argent dawn swordsman, a dark horde warlock or a wildhammer berserker)

Level 14
I'm thinking about solution to only one Tavern, but can deliver limitless hero options:

- Create more Tavern sharing same model and name, with sub-description () to show the different. Exp: Tavern (Page 1), Tavern (Page 2)
- Create a Tavern with same model and named: Tavern (
- Feel free to add new heroes into them, up to 7 heroes each Tavern (this is for instantly revive hero - 4 slots and 1 slot for "Change Page" button.
- Change Page Button: Actually an instant upgrade button to switching from one Tavern to another.

=> Know what I mean :D?

Level 14
Agree with Kyrbi0, basically the tavern heroes are mercenaries or lonely adventurers (with the exception of the fire lord and the pit lord), so basically you can make a hero of any existing race that can fit the concept of a hero for hire (could be a bandit lord, an elven assassin, a rogue wizard, etc), you can even make heroes of splinter factions of the races: i.e. an argent dawn swordsman, a dark horde warlock or a wildhammer berserker)

Sure, we will make an exception with them (Pitlord and Fire Lord)... thank you guys

Note: Bandit already planned as superior race.

Status
Not open for further replies.