• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tauren : Anubis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A skin I'm working on for the skinning contest at wc3c. It's down atm, so I'm showing my WIP here..

I need some advice on the totem and the armor.. Right now I just made them like that to get some better WIP.. I know it sucks, but I'm gonna try to polish it up once it's all done.

Attachments

• Anubis.JPG
    Anubis.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 950
  • Anubis2.JPG
    Anubis2.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 483
  • Anubis4.JPG
    Anubis4.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 303
Level 3
Thanks for the replies.. and the rep xD

I was a bit hesitant with the totem though, at first I was gonna go for a baseball tauren, but the teamcolor didn't allow me to carve the bat. >_>

Anyway, I was just wondering if I could alpha out some of the totem. I was thinking of making it look broken.. And yes, I will shade the runes :)

Level 13
"Anubis is up to bat, Zues on the pitcher's mound, he throws it... Strike 1! it was a curve ball!"
  • APPROVED: I r t3h eat worms lol

EDIT: Wolv you killjoy, it was a joke on

was a bit hesitant with the totem though, at first I was gonna go for a baseball tauren, but the teamcolor didn't allow me to carve the bat. >_>

Last edited:
Level 3
Almost done :)

I worked in 512, resized to 256x256. Then I had second thoughts, so I worked on the previous 512x512 version, resized it to 1024 and polished it. Then resized down to a whopping 256x256 and sharpened.

This is the result. I attached the blp too, since it's generally almost done.

Comments please :D

Attachments

• Anubis5.JPG
    Anubis5.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Anubis.BLP
    52 KB · Views: 113
Level 3
No it's not the finished product. I'm trying to get some feedback so I can finish, and looks like I got one..

What grey part? The skin tone? :O

I don't have alot of ideas for the skin right now, and I'm googling pictures of Anubis just to get some >_>

I'd say it's about 60% finished :p

Oh and the wrap is just horrible, most of the details I put in don't get noticed at all.

Level 3
Anubis is pure skin, no hair/fur.

Try looking at the actual skin and/or unwrap.. (0 views) :/
I blame the tauren wrapping.

And I don't usually take the wrapping into account when I'm drawing o_O

I am not at home, I cannot look at it.

And you cannot just blame that the outcome does not look that good because of the wrap, you will just have to work around that even though it makes things more dificult.

Oh and I have no idea about who this "Anubis" is, well if he is just skin then make it look a bit more skin like atleast, atm. it looks a bit like a grey/black plasticwrap.

Could you show a picture of this Anubis which you are basing your skin of?

Level 45
If your going to show the unwrapping then show it, don't let people manually dl it, thats bs so don't blame them for that.

And just because his only skin doesn't mean he has no texture.
I agree with Raging, he is just a gray tauren, he isn't Anubis at all, Anubis didn't even have hoofs and he doesn't have the overall Egyptian feel.

And the markings are not properly applied, atm they look like ms paint markings, there is no shading to make them look like markings So after having read this, im sure you know what to do.

Anubis is often depicted as having very fine fur or made of black stone. If your going to choose stone (obsidian?) then there are many vast choices and techniques you could use to get around this, like reflective lights of blue and such.

EDIT: added pics of Anubis to show raging what Anubis is.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 260
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 39,443
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 315
Level 3
I don't use any pictures as reference for any skins I make. :/

As for the Anubis, google him. He's the ancient black egyptian with a dog-head.

EDIT: I forgot to shade the markings xD Sorry about that.

And I was thinking of Anubis when skinning, so that's why I called him the anubis tauren skin :p

Level 3
Ah, kay. This is gonna be a bit hard, I've never textured obsidian before.

Ok, so he's gonna look like Anubis but not really Anubis himself. Because of the hooves and horns.

Phew, thanks now to get on with the skin.

Level 3
Well it turns out obsidian might not be too hard. The obsidian statue unwrap didn't look to harsh at all. Just pure black, then for the shiny effect a light bluish-gray.

Skinning obsidian ontop of the skin right now would be suicide, so I'm gonna make a new one from scratch. High-res also, 1024x1024 :p

Golden hooves is actually a good idea, I like it. I'll make eyes, teeth and hooves golden. :p

Level 3
Well too late, I already did it :p I like high res.

Here's my attempt at obsidian.

omgwtfbbqhaxx0rzplz tell me it looks obsidian, otherwise I'm gonna kill myself after spending 4 hours straight on that skin.

Attachments

• AnubisObsidian.JPG
    AnubisObsidian.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 164
Level 14
Hmmm... Anubis eh? You gave me a cool idea...

Dont have black as a base color. Really dark doesnt look very good in game. Start with a fairly dark color but not nearly as dark as you have it. Add some nice shading. And give it good contrast so that it will make the darker areas seem darker. That way you wont just have black and white.

Level 3
Hmm, kay. So I gotta make him shinier. Shiny tauren butt! xD

It's not really pure black, I just tested with Dodge and it works, so I guess it's just pretty dark blue.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well too late, I already did it :p I like high res.

Here's my attempt at obsidian.

omgwtfbbqhaxx0rzplz tell me it looks obsidian, otherwise I'm gonna kill myself after spending 4 hours straight on that skin.

Show it wrapped maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.