• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Bearmaster (in development)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well I'm currently a participant in the Skinning Contest # 7 at www.wc3campaigns.net

The theme of this contest is were-animals, so I'm re-skinning the Beastmaster into a bear-like animal.

Here's some WIP previews of my skin, how it currently looks like.
Please post your comments and suggestions for this skin.

wip4hx7.gif

wip3mf8.gif

Last edited:
Level 7
I dont know, thats actually a good idea... lol. a beermaster would be sick. You could give him a keg on his right shoulder with his right arm rapping around it and an ale in his left hand. Im sure you could find a character to base that on! lol it would be so sweet!

Level 5
Put either some dried blood on his axes or make them a little less refined looking. I am pretty sure bears don't walk up to smitheries and purchase state-of-the-art (why'd I use that term lol) axes :p My suggestion is to try and copy the battle-axe of an Orc grunt, 'cause they look nasty. You may need to modify hero glow for that though. Otherwise I like him a lot :)

BTW Add some hero glow if he will stay as a hero.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
There's hero glow, i just took the screenshot of a unit owned by the Neutral Hostile (can't really see the hero glow with the neutral hostile units)

Anyway, try imagine an imperial city where animals, be it bears, wolfs, cats, birds etc. walk around like humans would do :p

This guy was a former warrior/blacksmith etc. of the imperial city of Galadorn which citizens were transformed into birds and beasts by an evil shape shifting mage which wanted revenge cause of the unfriendly hospitality they citizens of Galadorn had givin him during his passage through the imperial city.
The citizens were horified of the mage's shape shifting abilities and his...

To be continued (gota go) :p

Last edited:
Level 24
There's hero glow, i just took the screenshot of a unit owned by the Neutral Hostile (can't really see the hero glow with the neutral hostile units)

Anyway, try imagine an imperial city where animals, be it bears, wolfs, cats, birds etc. walk around like humans would do :p

This guy was a former warrior/blacksmith etc. of the imperial city of Galadorn which citizens were transformed into birds and beasts by an evil shape shifting mage which wanted revenge cause of the unfriendly hospitality they citizens of Galadorn had givin him during his passage through the imperial city.
The citizens were horified of the mage's shape shifting abilities and his...

To be continued (gota go) :p

Think of Oblivion, their are cat people and lizard people walking around the Imperial City in that game :)

Level 7
Ok heres how i would improve it:
1. Add a lot of caked on blood to the left axe
2. Add a little caked on blood to the right axe
3. Add little blatches of caked on blood to the horns on his right shoulder.
4. Break up the top of his head a little. Maybe you could add an eblam as someone said?
5. I also think that altogether the model has way to many bear spots on his body. (get it?! Bear? bare? WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!! lol... that was cheazy. Seariously though, there are to many bare spots on him, I'd add some more things to brake those up, let a leather belt that runs across his chest and back.)

Level 5
Ok so now I understand he isn't a feral bearmaster, but a (dare I say) civilised bear lol. I'm glad you put hero glow...Makes all heroes look 2*better. Good job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.