• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken Mage WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
A skin of the OrcWarlockRed I'm currently working on.
Also working on icon for it, will have preview up later for that.

Please leave your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• broken_mage_preview.jpg
    broken_mage_preview.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 132
  • uv.jpg
    uv.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 125

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Based on creeps in sunken ruins tileset?
Yeah.
ragingspeedhorn said:
Looks very good, by far your best skin up to date.
Well thanks, though I think I've made better skins then this one (just havn't showed those yet :p)

Anyway, I'm still working on this skin.
If you have any suggestions, please post them :)

Level 5
Another beggar character which can't even buy yourself a new cape...
It needs some more reskin on the face, because I see only recolor.

Level 5
Yes I like it too, but...
It looks *too much* like Insomnia Graphics style.
Honestly, I don't mind, but why don't you develop your own style? :p

Level 12
How can it look like IG's style when IG was made of people with different styles so IG had no one style that every skin had?

Archian for this skin you really need to start shading with color. Every highlight is the same color for the whole skin, use colors to highlight the browns a nice yellow or red tint, and for the metal maybe try a bluer highlight. Try to encorporate colors to increase the skin quality. Also try to sharpen it up a little by using harder brushes.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, thanks for the comments guys/girls, however note that this skin is rather old.
I will have some updates ready for ya soon :smile:

ArchWorm said:
Yes I like it too, but...
It looks *too much* like Insomnia Graphics style.
Honestly, I don't mind, but why don't you develop your own style? :p
Huh :eekani: ? this is my own style.
I havn't tried to copy or compare this skin with any of the Insomnia Graphics skinning styles/skins whatsoever.

I must admit that I didn't expect that this skin would be compared with any of the Insomnia Graphics skinning styles :? But I will take that as a compliment though.

Last edited:
Level 45
no no, style and technique are different things people, dont get them mixed up..

IG was made of Eggy, KDEWolf, Whitehorn, FinalTyrant,(TDR i think) and some other people, the IG team created tutorials, to show how to create things using different techniques and if Archian follows those tuts well and puts them to good use for hes work then i dont see how he could be told hes got the same style as IG.

Status
Not open for further replies.