• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
There are a lot of contradictions about the ogres, but I am basing them on the game Warcraft 2 where they both had two heads. And Cho'Gall wasn't at all the only Ogre-Magi. Didn't you play the game?

No horn on the head because:
DentargW2.jpg

He doesn't have a horn on the right head ;)

The blue skin is a retcon introduced in WC3, one that I ignore because it isn't stated in WC2 nor any of the novels that Cho'Gall and Dentarg had blue skin.

And about the belly thing, all the Ogre mages shown in WC2, WC3 and even most in WoW have no problem showing their bellies? :bored:

Level 19
Cho'Gall were the first, not the only.

Also, Great work, i find your doomhammer the best so far, more correct according to lore. (as far as i understand, we both prefer pre-wow lore)

possible explanation for Two-Head ogres to be common:
In Tides of Darkness, two-headed ogres were said to be incredibly rare, so much so that Cho'gall had been the first in several generations. However in-game they seem to be quite common. While it is possible that this is simply a game mechanic and doesn't represent actual numbers, another possibility is that the large number of two-headed ogre-magi created by Gul'dan's Altar of Storms added to the gene pool, increasing the likelihood of ogres being born with two heads.

I also believe that ogres have honor in big bellies (that sounded lame :p)

Level 39
i do preferr everything prewow aswell :p

just wanted to contribute my thoughts..
I am not trying to make your models look bad, i hopefully didnt sound that way...

Doomhammer is awesome, yes!

its your model, do what you want!

whats next?

Haha, no worries, I'm not angry or anything (sorry if I sounded that way!). Just pointing out the reasons why I made the model the way I did ;)

I've been thinking about a Teron Gorefiend as well. There's already a pretty awesome model of him here, though he doesn't look exactly like in WC2.

Level 9
If you're doing a hero next, I'd say Durotan, Zul'jin, or Gorefiend.
If you're doing a grunt next, then I'd say try to finish up the Stormreaver or do Bleeding Hollow. Also something I request is that if you plan on doing units other then the grunt, I reccomend doing something like this so you won't get bored.
Make Frostwolf Raider
Make Blackrock Warlock
Make Twilight Hammer Ogre
Make Blackrock Raider
etc
So instead of doin one unit type at a time, do others and THEN do that unit type and so on.

Level 7
Yea the Gorefiend model here is bad ass, only thing that is kinda sux about it is it has like 4 textures to import if im not mistaken.. Also i seen ur mounted unit (Gul'dan) and if Teron comes out like he did than theres gonna be 2 bad ass Gorefiend on this site :p.... Keep at it man....

Level 19
ok, never seen the wc2 zul'jin from really close, couldn't decide which weaponry he used, but atleast his appearance in wow is explained :p But the weaponry he uses in Wow is pretty cool, you have to agree, also most Wc2 hero model/sprites are mostly recolors or reused normal units, you are making them of artwork and icons, but he got axes in artwork to so...

Level 6
I still want to see the TH and BH grunts, but I'll be patient.

As for the Heroes that somebody mentioned; that Teron and Zul'jin that have been made are really cool, so do you really want to make them? As for the blackhands, well, Blackhand the Destroyer would be awesome, but as for his sons; we don't know much about their appearance with the exception of Rend in WOW. He did look really cool, but your doing pre-wow stuff. What are you going to make next?

Level 6
- Rend Blackhand is seen in Wow (so a model based on him should be fine, maybe younger because WC2 is set 20 years before Wow and with green skin because Dark Horde and the whole blackrock-black dragon alliace didn't exist at time, so no grey skinned blackrock clan orcs).
- Maim Blackhand was shown in Warcraft adventures cancelled game in some pictures (along with his brother Rend).
- A model of Zuluhed can be based on the one show in Wow.
- Durotan was only seen in Warcraft adventures picture, so a model based on those artworks
- Nekros skullcrusher never appeared on any game/manual etc...we know that he was a shaman (more a warlock than a shaman)
- Mogor appeared on Wow (if you plan to make him, an ogre mage with different skin, hood and cloak should be fine)
- Fenris he hunter never appeared like Nekros, but for sure we know that he was a raider in the Sythegore army
- Tagar Spinebreaker appeared only as a fel orc on Wow so is hard to tell his original appearance since we have no pictures of him (maybe an orc warrior dressed in bone with bonechewer clan standard on his back like blademasters or grom hellscream)

Other minor characters appeared on books are:

Blackheart (ogre mage)
Gaze Soulripper (death knight)
Grand master Vorpil (shadowmoon clan warlock, appears also in Wow)
Ragnok (death knight)

Level 4
- Rend Blackhand is seen in Wow (so a model based on him should be fine, maybe younger because WC2 is set 20 years before Wow and with green skin because Dark Horde and the whole blackrock-black dragon alliace didn't exist at time, so no grey skinned blackrock clan orcs).
- Maim Blackhand was shown in Warcraft adventures cancelled game in some pictures (along with his brother Rend).
- Durotan was only seen in Warcraft adventures picture, so a model based on those artworks
- Nekros skullcrusher never appeared on any game/manual etc...we know that he was a shaman (more a warlock than a shaman)
- Mogor appeared on Wow (if you plan to make him, an ogre mage with different skin, hood and cloak should be fine)
- Fenris he hunter never appeared like Nekros, but for sure we know that he was a raider in the Sythegore army
- Tagar Spinebreaker appeared only as a fel orc on Wow so is hard to tell his original appearance since we have no pictures of him (maybe an orc warrior dressed in bone with bonechewer clan standard on his back like blademasters or grom hellscream)

Blackheart (ogre mage)
Ragnok (death knight)

Blackheart also appears in WoW, as Blackheart the Inciter.

Level 6
Tauer, it seems like people are wanting you to make different units and heroes now, but you only have two grunts left; just a reminder. As for the unit ideals; I have two request, you don't have to make these now or even in the next couple months. Just whenever you feel like it or if you even feel like. I just want you to consider it.View attachment 51258

View attachment 51259

Last edited:
Level 3

Blackheart (ogre mage)
Ragnok (death knight)

I agree on making Rend for sure and Maim I wouldn't mind. IMHO I think it should be made modern Rend like in Blackrock Spire instance in WoW. Patch on right eye and grey hair. I would prefer it be made like this but I'm not calling the shots.

It's all up to Tauer. Those grunt/hero models are just fucking amazing I can't explain. I'm a really big Orc fan by the way, Blackrock to be specific. But I want to learn how to do what he's doing but I don't know what basic tools I need and not sure how to use them. I'm good at making terrain and props but not making or even editing models.

But yea, keep up the good work, all your models put together would average up to a 4.7/5 Tauer. :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Thats ok; I'm working on a map too. I'm basing it off the last battle of the second war. Nice stormreaver by the way. Are those eyes teamcolored?

Level 9
dude

hey guys...
whoa...

i'm sry, nbut dont you think you are all a bit intimidating?
really, i guess he'll do whatever he wants, you dont need to agree between yourselves!
he doesnt do requests as far as i understood and has enough concepts left i guess (else he would just search for whatever he wants to do)

Dude, theese grunts were my request, Cho'gal was linazes request, he does model by request!

Level 3
Tauer Hi, very good your models, thanks to you I can end my campaign for Warcraft 2. You could do the grunt of Shadowmoon? Thank you very much and're the best. Also please try to do the grunt of Thunderlord of Bonechewer.
Thank you very much now

Level 39
hey guys...
whoa...

i'm sry, nbut dont you think you are all a bit intimidating?
really, i guess he'll do whatever he wants, you dont need to agree between yourselves!
he doesnt do requests as far as i understood and has enough concepts left i guess (else he would just search for whatever he wants to do)

Dude, theese grunts were my request, Cho'gal was linazes request, he does model by request!

I prefer to say that I take all ideas/requests into consideration ;)

Tauer Hi, very good your models, thanks to you I can end my campaign for Warcraft 2. You could do the grunt of Shadowmoon? Thank you very much and're the best. Also please try to do the grunt of Thunderlord of Bonechewer.
Thank you very much now

I'm not sure, perhaps. Shadowmoon is a possibility, though I probably wont do Thunderlord.
Bonechewer is possible as well.
I'm not sure, right now I'm not really working on the grunts. I'm mostly working on my map and I've also begun working on Teron Gorefiend.

Level 6
The Teron Gorefiend that already exist is going to be hard to top. You think you can do it?

And about the Thunderlord grunt; I wouldn't bother to make one because their mostly raiders. However, you should consider making a raider for them instead.

Level 39
The Teron Gorefiend that already exist is going to be hard to top. You think you can do it?

And about the Thunderlord grunt; I wouldn't bother to make one because their mostly raiders. However, you should consider making a raider for them instead.

I don't know. I'm not sure that I can top it in quality, though I'd like to make one that sticks more to the original game.

erm is there any possibility to make another collection?i mean shaman collection or raider :p

Not likely. Not at the moment anyway. These grunts turned out to be a pain in the ass after making 4 - 5 of them.

Level 6
I think that (if he wanted too) tauer could make a model of grom that combines the wc3 model, the fact that he's a grunt in wc2, the wc2 icon, and descriptions of him to make Grom the grunt.

maybe you can use the standard war 3 grom hellscream model, add some blood on his jaw and a ring on his nose (like show in War2 Btdpt manual and in-game icon) and maybe armoured (since the manual show him as armoured)

Status
Not open for further replies.