• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

tank turret turning system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, I'm making some sort of altered melee map, with tanks choppers, and even aliens, and such. I made a trigger that would turn the tank/IFV turret to turn if ordered to attack a unit, and another to turn it if it's given an order targeting a point (e.g move).
Good thing is, the trigger worked on the T-90 and the Metal Fox, but I can't get it to work on :
- M1A2 Abrams (the one made by Illidan(Evil)X)
- M2 Bradley IFV (the one made by Illidan(Evil)X)
- BMP-3 IFV (the one made by Illidan(Evil)X)

I even tried to copy-paste a trigger from a map (which I DLed here) which succesfully done what I tried to do, but it doesn't work for those three models. Could someone give me a solution, advice, or something?
thx

This might have somthing to do with the bone names, assuming that you are using "lock body part facing".
Open up the models in magos and go to windows>node manager. See if you have a bone named Bone_Head (since i assume that is the one you are trying to lock). If there is none, you should instead try looking for other bones that might belong to the tank turret, like naturally "Bone_Turret". If you find it, right click it and press "Edit". There you can change the name to "Bone_Head", and save the model like that.
The bone names technically have no effect on the animations in any way, so it is safe to name them to whatever you want.

Level 7

*I kept this portion of the post for indexing purposes.
In regards to other alternatives, you can use two separate tank models. One base and one head. Though this would not be as efficient as Fingolfin suggest, its another option. Its similar to attaching a model as a weapon attachment.

You can make the head model with the locust ability. Whenever the player targets/attacks/moves etc, make the head model face towards that direction.

Again its just another alternative if you cannot find the proper bone to use.

Edit: Here my good old friend Tank-Commander has created a system requested by Misha who created the tank Model.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/mastermind-tank-system-v1-10-a-192620/
Enjoy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.