• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] how to make a Tank Turret System???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I don't have the model so I can't say for sure but there is a GUI action to lock bones of a unit to target point or unit
this looks like there is a trigger which does exactly that every time the tank is issued an order
  • Animation - Lock unit's Head to face unit, offset by (0.00, 0.00, 90.00)
of course you can use the jass function this is calling to lock any bone - not just chest and head
more about it:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=105830
but all this stuff will only work if you know the name of the turret bone
you can find the name with war3model editor (tool section), also called magos model editor

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Alternativly you could upgrade to StarCraft II where this functinality is nativly supported as long as the model has a physical turret attachment to manipulate.

A good example of this in work is the dimondback and hellion.

In Warcraft III you will have to do pretty much the above, and use a dummy unit and move it every frame.

Alternativly you could upgrade to StarCraft II where this functinality is nativly supported as long as the model has a physical turret attachment to manipulate.

A good example of this in work is the dimondback and hellion.

In Warcraft III you will have to do pretty much the above, and use a dummy unit and move it every frame.

Dude, i seriously wonder what you're doing in a wc3 forum since all you ever do is to tell people to go get SC2. You posted it as a comment on pretty much every other thread in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.