• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you make Turrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The Human Cannon Tower rotates itself on a fixed point, then resumes its frontal facing when its not engaged. You turn it into a "unit", and the whole structure rotates and acts retarded. Hows that so?

I'm attempting to make tank like units using 2 weapons; one machine gun, forward firing at all times, the other is the main gun housed on a freely rotating turret. I'm going for having them 2 seporate units operating as one. So I'm expecting triggers or jass to get it done.

I've tried a few triggers. Somewhat works but I know it'll cause leaks, lag and be a total problem as the game plays. Plus, visually, it looks like crap.

Is there anyway to get a Turret to work in WC3 for units?

Level 3
But its still a building and unable to move while firing.

I need a turret system/thing that rotates the turret facing towards the target to fire, even while moving.
A tank. Simply put. With a rotating turret.

Level 9
there are separate animations for attack and move. They cannot be both played at once. the only real way to attack while moving is to create a dummy unit.

Level 3
I've wondered that much.

I'm not very skilled with GUI still right now. The most amazing thing I've done is make troops portray a tangable accuracy (bullets hit at random points for example)

I've attemtped to use a sort of "dummy",but I was thinking here for awhile, Maybe I used it for the wrong part.
I had the dummy be the turret. 2 Problems, A, I just simply didnt really use it right (the turret never faced target units nor actually fired, beause my gui called for moving unit instantly to the position of the "tanks" hull. epic fail.) And even when I did get it to attack (having the unit relocate every 0.03 seconds, and have its attack backswing set to 0.00 let it target and fire at enemies) it was very jumpy, and was constantly placed facing the last direction it was spawned at. Further more, you didnt control which target it attacked for well.

I must admit that I need some help. I've only just begun to use dummies and still need some more experiance with them.

Level 3
Damn he has alot of interesting things O.O

I know some crazy stuff is possible, such as fighters flying with true physics, making a map truely FPS and other things.

Lemme see if I can find his map to learn further. Unfortunitly if its locked, I'm screwed unless I can get some more help.

Level 3
I can't find the alpha, though from looking at the other maps in that users possession; they seemed to be all locked anyway. As such I can't learn from seeing any material myself. Anythoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.