• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Multiple Turrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had a question as to getting multiple turrets working on one unit, So that you could have a ship, select target ground, and all the turrets would rotate and shoot the ground but the ship would hold still. There have been many Ideas but I think what im trying to get is something like:

EDIT: I added the phrase "turret" in to be more clear on the bones.

"Stop rotation of 'triggering unit'"
"rotate bone on 'triggering unit's model '16inTurretBow' to 'LastTargetedPoint'"
"rotate bone on 'triggering unit's model '16inTurretFront' to 'LastTargetedPoint'"
"rotate bone on 'triggering unit's model '16inTurretStern' to 'LastTargetedPoint'"

As the action for the trigger, the event being:

"triggering unit selects spell "main battery" on point 'X'"

Sorry for the repost, but it really seemed as though my original thread was out of place and dying. Heres the original thread, but since what I'm looking for is something in JASS, this seemed a more appropiate place... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f98/multiple-turrets-109575/

Thanks in advance for any help
-Eagle

Last edited:
Level 22
Simple.

• MultiAttacking
    • Events
      • A unit is ordered a order target an object
    • Conditions
      • Unittype of Ordered unit equal to Turret
        • Or any conditions
          • Order equal to attack
          • (or) Order equal to smart
    • Actions
      • Order AllOfYourTurrets,WhichYouHaveSavedIntoAvariable to attack Unit of Order.
Edit: And for jass, just convert it (Edit - Convert to custom Text)
Should work.

Level 2
The unit ordered to attack is a ship, which has turrets as part of the model, and those turn and shoot the targeted spot, while the ship holds still, the turrets are part of the unit, not a seperate unit. I'm not sure if thats what that does, but thanks wether it is or not, any response is appreciated.

Level 2
Isn't there a way to make something like what I posted at first in JASS, having it be multiple units would be extremely troublesome, as the players(note the plural) will by buying ships, sinking ships, respawning, etc for many different kinds of ships as well.

Level 2
In my experience with every game I've modded, saying it can't be done usually doesn't hold true very long. This is free scripting(JASS), I'd be fairly surprised if it couldn't be done.

Level 2
I'm creating a 3p Battleships map around WWII in the pacific, the Idea is to more immersive than any others. It is extremely important I can do this. In a nutshell, I want to have multiple working turrets, doesn't anyone know how this can be done without using dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.