• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of the Flame V2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Second Version (Partially complete) of the Tales of the Flame campaign. It has 17 maps (as of now), with around 10-12 playable and 5-6 cinematic maps. My very first venture into map-making.

The world is at peace until mysterious entities appear. A simple Rune Guard stands against the onslaught, and on the threshold of his destiny. Together with a unique band of characters he must realize and unleash his inner power, or watch his world be destroyed.

Updates:
- Improved Terrain
- Finished "Shadowlands" map
- Added "Doom is Rising" map (penultimate map, the 'finale' is not finished yet)
- Added Custom Fade Filters
- Used more appropriate in-game music for each map
- Added some cinematic sequences to some maps
- Custom Loading Screen
- Fixed typographical errors

Credits:
- Custom Loading Screen: Twin Flames by Donald Larson (timeoutofmind.com)
- Reon Fireheart Model: HeroMusashiMiyamoto by black_stan
- Lando Corlisian Model: Spell Weaver by WolfmanArc
- Pietrus the Loud Model: Thane by Norinrad
- Dwarven Infantry Model: DwarvenShieldBreaker by Norinrad
- Aerad Model: Pandaren Wardancer by Norinrad
- Hydref Model: CrystalGolem by Mc !
- Pyril Model: Ifrit 03 by Oniwaga
- Geon Model: Titan 03 by Oniwaga
- Electrus Model: Axemaster by jigrael
- Florax Model: Golem from wc3sear.ch
- Luminuz Model: WarriorSILVER by Miseracord
- Dwarven Captain Model: DwarvenPaladin by GreyArchon
Contents

Tales of the Flame V2.0 (Campaign)

Reviews
10:21, 24th Jun 2008 Rui: Needs much more work. Rejected.

M

10:21, 24th Jun 2008
Rui:
Needs much more work. Rejected.

Level 1
You'll lose most of your units every encounter because every battle begins with an unnecessary cut scene which makes you lose control of your units, so enjoy watching them get slaughtered. This doesn't matter much for finishing the missions, though, since the heroes are so overpowered. For example, right off the bat you'll have one hero that can summon 12 fire elementals at a time. Also, all three heroes will be level 10 by the second scenario. Not very well thought out. The level with 20 waves to defend against is boring as hell, too. I quit playing after that.

Level 2
Ey guys thanks for putting your comments in!

Numeror: Hehe yeah I guess the terrain is far (and I mean far!) from the quality of most other campaigns. I have to admit I'm really not good at it, though I won't let it stop me from trying! Hopefully in the next version I'd be able to improve it even more! :)

Von Rex: I'm quite sad you didn't like it, but if you can find it in you maybe you could play it till the last map and see what happens. It's really not as refined as many other campaigns, so I'll try to see what I can tweak to make it better for the net release!

These pieces of constructive criticism will really help me improve! Thanks guys! Hope my next release will be much better!

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Sorry, but this is staying in Pending.
Here are my comments...

[-]Terrain lacks elevation and ground texture variation. It's just rough dirt and grass, it lacks spirit. Bad use of doodads and destructibles.
[-]Cinematics do not pause units or anything. Also, they are plain and boring, not to mention they occur too often, unnecessarily.
[-]The lore is confusing. So first we have captain Jack Sparrow, and suddenly we talk about the Burning Legion? Very bad mix in my opinion. Also, Undead attacking Humans. Too traditional.
[-]Poor work on the Object Editor.
[-]Bad use of music.
[-]Badly edited spells, and heroes that start at level 6... oh god. I could pass the entire first mission with only the 1 hero, which wasn't hard anyway, a Summon Lava Spawn that spawns three Lvl3 Lava Spawns at level 2...

Sorry, right now, my rating is 1/5 (Unacceptable). It just needs much more work.