• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tale of the Warsong

Tale of the Warsong

Good classic campaign.

Campaign by: Diskordjah
Uploaded by: tuzec
Contents

Tale of the Warsong (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

Level 2
At first I thought it may be really nice... But after playing 1st level I changed my mind.

I don't want to discourage you to further work... But you need to practice terrain making, triggers (especially TRIGGERS!!!!!!), maybe custom AI scripts... I think your problem was, that you wanted to make this campaign too fast :]. You didn't show much of your fantasy (which must be there if you are a Warcraft fan ;D) in these maps.

Level 3
it very seems like: The Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden (a book)

in: Thrall is captured when he was very young. He grown up in jail, and once he escaped and met with Grom Hellscream. Grom introduced Thrall to the life in the horde. Thrall was a great fighter.

That was the Warsong part

Thrall went to the north. High mountains. He met the Frostwolf Clan. The village's elder was the greatest shaman nearly, so he was Thrall's master. Thrall learned about the elements, how to do a "call", that the spirits of the elements will heed. He lead the Frostwolf Clan, and he gained a female arctic wolf. (i'm hungarian, i dont know her name in english... sorry) Many months later Thrall met with Grom. There was 2 clans together. Thrall met with Orgrim Doomhammer too. (later Thrall will gain Orgim's armor and mace) They returned to the camp of jails, where Thrall lived for years. Thrall wasn't a violence orc, but so... He had to do something, and he was angry with his "tamer". They attacked the main jail-castle, and Orgrim was defeated poorly. Thrall saw him dieing. Orgrim offered to Thrall, that take Orgrim's armor and mace with himself. Thrall accepted it. Now he was the Lord of the Clans. The New Horde won the fight against the Human forces.

Hope you like it :p x) btw nice map, 5*

Level 7
ok, the 1st map is kinda wierd, i notice from the campaign that your a big fan of grom hellscream. the thing i didn't like is that the dialogs go to fast and can't read all the text. another thing is in chapter 1 where you can kill those kids o.o ok, i know the hordes are mercyless but NOT LIKE THAT o_O.

the thing i like was th e screenshot :D

4/5

Level 22
it very seems like: The Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden (a book)

in: Thrall is captured when he was very young. He grown up in jail, and once he escaped and met with Grom Hellscream. Grom introduced Thrall to the life in the horde. Thrall was a great fighter.

That was the Warsong part

Thrall went to the north. High mountains. He met the Frostwolf Clan. The village's elder was the greatest shaman nearly, so he was Thrall's master. Thrall learned about the elements, how to do a "call", that the spirits of the elements will heed. He lead the Frostwolf Clan, and he gained a female arctic wolf. (i'm hungarian, i dont know her name in english... sorry) Many months later Thrall met with Grom. There was 2 clans together. Thrall met with Orgrim Doomhammer too. (later Thrall will gain Orgim's armor and mace) They returned to the camp of jails, where Thrall lived for years. Thrall wasn't a violence orc, but so... He had to do something, and he was angry with his "tamer". They attacked the main jail-castle, and Orgrim was defeated poorly. Thrall saw him :bored:dieing:bored:. Orgrim offered to Thrall, that take Orgrim's armor and :bored:mace:bored: with himself. Thrall accepted it. Now he was the Lord of the Clans. The New Horde won the fight against the Human forces.

Hope you like it :p x) btw nice map, 5*

You fail im sorry but you do. Its not a mace its the doomhammer symbol of the clans only the leader of the horde may carry it. Its spelled dying i wont even bother fixing all your grammar fails.

Greatest campaign i have ever played 6\5 :D people dont understand that campaigns are about storyline but you did bravo

Level 3
good map but i thinks you need more stuff like shorter times on stuff way too long for gnome thind wayyyy too long make it like shorter and also get models incorperated into your map i like grom and all this map was good awesome screen shot i agree with magic above

"k, the 1st map is kinda wierd, i notice from the campaign that your a big fan of grom hellscream. the thing i didn't like is that the dialogs go to fast and can't read all the text. another thing is in chapter 1 where you can kill those kids o.o ok, i know the hordes are mercyless but NOT LIKE THAT o_O.

the thing i like was th e screenshot :D

4/5 "magIc_seeKer

Last edited:
This is a good campaign, it has potential but is one of those nice wee campaigns that hasn't had months spent on it but still looks and plays good. Touch up the terrain, use a custom tile set. Get some custom AI in there and bob's your uncle. One thing I found was that the last mission seemed... incomplete or had some features not implemented.

3/5 and rep - Good start and requires only a small fine-tuning.

Level 1
This is one of the best Campaign I ever played, you gave me so many hours of pure fun :)
Thank you from my heart.
:)

Level 4
I don't know why people keep saying this is one of the best. It was fun 'n stuff, but not enough to say it is "the best". And the story... I saw many people saying it has the best story. Well, where is it? No offense, but in my opinion, though the story was alright, it was not the best ever either. Well, the campaign was good, and it deserves some respect because it had no big bug. But there is bad stuff:

-The conversations are going too fast most of the times, and my eyes couldn't always keep up with the big ones.
-The author didn't respect Grom's real personality in dialogues (in my opinion).
-I hate that every time when a cinematic comes up, the game goes on. I lost many units because of this.
-When Grom speaks with trolls I just don't feel like they're real trolls. No "mon", no "da"...
-Bug found at the 4th mission. At the Quests menu there are 2 quests which are the same, and the icons are missing from both.
-In the last mission you can do as many Shadow Hunters heroes as you want. Buggy, right? And all have the same name. Dat bug, mon!
-Bad A.I. paths in the last mission.
-Not too challenging. Only the last mission was... let's say... a little hard. But the others... Hm.
- The story seems centered too much around Grom and feels a little rushed. Having around only two main characters in the WHOLE campaign, and the 2nd comes from nowhere in mission 3, sticking around only in 2 missions. The maps feel like "Ok, I'm Grom, go kill every1, WARSONG IS SUPREME.".
- From what I recall... Grom had no troll in his crew when Thrall found him in Kalimdor... right?(in Reign of Chaos)

But, I do respect that I found no real bug. I respect the author's work. I really had fun playing the campaign. I respect that there was no big spelling error. (I have more spelling errors/grammar errors in this review than him in the whole campaign, HAH!) I really enjoyed it. ^^ Tho, in my opinion, it could have been way better. But I liked it. :) 4/5 (it feels a little too much 4, but today I'm feeling good)

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
chap1:
-the Troll Warlod says the Fountain is his but is sleeping at the same time...
-some transmissions go too fast

chap2:
-units spawn out of nowhere even though there are no more training facilities...
-not all human forces were killed and victory came; there were still three Knights and a Lumber Mill, all in the north

chap3:
-strange, the Grunts seemed to have gotten out later from the cages or at least a bit farther than the position of the cages
-though the neutral hostile block paths, they are sleeping at night
-funny thing: the human batallion in the west charged towards Grom's troops instead of the ones they were facing west
-the Catapult can be used to circumvent the human base
-the Darkspear tribe did not know of orcs until Thrall landed on Kalimdor (that, if we don't consider the Demo Campaign); anyhow, why wouldn't they be confused at first and try to attack the orcs too?

chap4:
-how would a Darkspear troll know of Alterac and its inhabitants? Moreover, does everybody speak the same language?
-the quest log has a duplicate of the main quest "Battle!" and its icon looks like a green square
-Catapult's title in the Barracks is biased
-a Murloc Mutant suddenly appeared near the Stronghold...
-the Beastiary can research Liquid Fire but there are no Bat Riders
-nobody attacks the base? The only ones who did were the creeps in the southwest after the forest was cleared
-caught the undead while their troops were out of the base; they don't even have towers except for their citadel
-what was a Crypt Lord doing here anyway or the undead for that matter?
-what the heck is it with that big bridge near the yellow human base if everybody can just go through the shallow water?
-the yellow AI is defenseless, no towers, nothing
-the undead and yellow human don't even have enough gold in their mines

chap5:
-the Shadow Hunter can be trained at the Altar
-the Way Gate in the northeast can be destroyed; not sure if intended or not; actually all can be destroyed, only that one was considered enemy
-after the above mentioned Gate is destroyed, the enemy will not be able to send troops to attack unless the main gates are destroyed
-creeps sleep in the middle of the road
-there's a Spearman southwest of the main gates that cannot get out of his position because of the water
-the gray Paladin and his troops are trapped between two pairs of gates and can easily be killed with Catapults and/or Lightning Shield
-the AI does not research attack and armour upgrades
-the AI sometimes trains new heroes instead of reviving the dead ones
-Buzan the Fearless and his troops don't move out of there if the city is under attack
-the Demonic Gate where the Kobolds are is invulnerable and cannot be opened
-right. Some refugees from Alterac went on an island and built a fortress; they were also considered elite
-the Warsong Clan drank Mannoroth's blood from the Defiled Fountain. They didn't succumb to anything but their weak will

2.5/5.

Level 5
Edit: For me it's not appealing to play. I get bored real quick because it doesn't feel like a "campaign".

Make more side quests to do, build the story up and write more dialogues. The terrain is kinda nice in chapter 2 but that's not enough for me to play. 2/5*

Last edited:
Level 10
First of all, the campaign maker has abandoned the project immediately after release, as it seems. However, I'm still gonna rate it and hope for an update.
The campaign is fine and enjoyable, but pretty standard and the "meh" type. It would have been better if the campaign maker included the adventure of Grom Hellscream BEFORE Thrall became Warchief and decided to go to Kalimdor. Grom was doing great shit at that time, and his influence to the story was awesome. I'm not saying the story is bad, but it could have been better if the setting was different.
Another thing is that the campaign has many bugs that happen in the cutscenes and the enemy AI (They magically spawn an attack party formed from around 12 units in a second). They also stop functioning sometimes, and stop attacking especially in the later chapters. Also, in chapter 5, you could spam recruiting endless number of Shadow Hunter(s) (Hero) BIG LOL! And just forget the normal units like Troll Headhunters or Grunts, which is enjoyable, but is insane and not balanced at all!!!
A more harder difficulty would also increase the fun in this campaign. It says "hard" in the difficulty, but I won so easily.
I hope someone comes back to this and fix those minor issues, and then the campaign can be Flawless!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Level 9
a bit off but really enjoyable at parts.

Grom is my favorite hero so i'm a bit weak to his campaign.

There were *alot* of issues both minor and some major.

Alot of balancing problems.

I like the addition of goblin landmines though. Really took my by surprise. Overall entertaining. 3/5

Level 5
The campaign was enjoyable at times, but i found errors and bugs in half of the missions

In mission 1: Everything was ok, the mission ran the way it was intended.
In mission 2: The human lumber mill gives me cheese, with an unknown purpose, but the mission ran without a problem
In mission 3: My hero just teleported to the end of the mission, It happened to me twice and just went with it, skipping almost the whole level.
In mission 4: The neutral creeps just went to attack my base for some reason after I killed the undead.
In mission 5: The final hero just dissapeared out to thin air, luckily the mission counted for me.

At the end I could finish the campaign but the units and enemies would hit each other in the cutscenes, It would've be good some custom spells tho-

Level 9
The campaign was enjoyable at times, but i found errors and bugs in half of the missions

In mission 1: Everything was ok, the mission ran the way it was intended.
In mission 2: The human lumber mill gives me cheese, with an unknown purpose, but the mission ran without a problem
In mission 3: My hero just teleported to the end of the mission, It happened to me twice and just went with it, skipping almost the whole level.
In mission 4: The neutral creeps just went to attack my base for some reason after I killed the undead.
In mission 5: The final hero just dissapeared out to thin air, luckily the mission counted for me.

At the end I could finish the campaign but the units and enemies would hit each other in the cutscenes, It would've be good some custom spells tho-

1/5 seems excessive

Level 13
Not bad, even at 1.27. The game just started getting interesting and it's already over. This is mainly due to the last mission, which is actually the only level that offers a more challenging experience (total 8 missions).