• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

TAKING SPELL REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am really bored now that I've finished my hero, and I don't feel like going straight back to modding so post spells that you'd like to be seen made.REMEMBER I do not know anything of JASS, check my hero contest 'the soul ravager' if you want to see something I made. Also keep it in the bounds of reality, but not too boring. I may not feel like doing it if it is really simple, but I will always tell you why I'm not going to do it, and if I don't think I CAN do it then I will tell you that straight out.

Level 11
I believe you are in need of ideas, to do something (related to warcraft) and you want to help as well, right tauren? Heh, very nice of you. I'm sure people will ask for spells from you (as you can see... my english sucks but I am learning a lot now at school). Well done dude. I like people like you.

Level 11
Like the profile says, I'm from Romania and in Romania it was 9:00 PM when I wrote this (I think... well, it's +2GMT) and now it's 7:02 AM and I woke up fifteen minutes ago. Even during some programming classes we are allowed to enter on the internet for 10-15 minutes. And yeah, I do homework and learn since it's very hard in 9th grade (I think you know it too... :p). But I like doing this, especially since I must say I learned a lot in this summer.

Level 3
Spell Deflection: Auto-self targeting
Functions exactly like the Naga Sea Witch's Mana shield, except that it only works against spells, not attacks.

Soul Connection: Single Target
Functions exactly like spirit link, except that damage is only transferred from one unit (the caster) to another single unit (the target), and never from the target to the caster. It should have 3 levels, 1 at which 50% damage is transferred, 2: 75% is transferred, and 3: 100% damage is transferred.

HP Heist: Auto-picked area Channeling
The casting unit picks 5 nearest units, at least one of them an enemy, and one of them an ally, and drains the life of the the enemy(ies) for 600 HP a total over 10 seconds while simultaneously channeling that drained life into his ally(ies). I'll give an example. Say that it targeted 3 enemies and 2 allies. Each enemy has 20 hp drained each second. That 60 hp each second is sent to each of the allies, at 30 hp a second. Similarly, if there are 4 enemies and 1 ally, then the enemies have HP drained at 15 HP a second, and the ally gets hp at 60 a second. I want you to try to make it as adaptable to different numbers of targets and different total drain values as possible.

Level 11
question

is it okay if I use the drain mana target effect thing? or do you want a different animation. FOR hp heist, do you want them castable on heroes? for the ones that are castable? and due to all the AOE spells like blizzard and flame strike it would be hard to make such a spell and that would activate lets say during blzzard if the hero attacks, and blizzard does gradual damage, so it's had. The best I can do is to change it from plain health points to the percent, e.g. a spell does 100 damage, the hero will gain 30% or 30 damage back. just for an example. Sorry it's taking so long, I'm having problems with 1.17, it'll be up Saturday

Level 3
Re: question

taurenwarrior said:
is it okay if I use the drain mana target effect thing? or do you want a different animation. FOR hp heist, do you want them castable on heroes? for the ones that are castable? and due to all the AOE spells like blizzard and flame strike it would be hard to make such a spell and that would activate lets say during blzzard if the hero attacks, and blizzard does gradual damage, so it's had. The best I can do is to change it from plain health points to the percent, e.g. a spell does 100 damage, the hero will gain 30% or 30 damage back. just for an example. Sorry it's taking so long, I'm having problems with 1.17, it'll be up Saturday

I have no problems being patient, so take as long as you need. For the details, do whatever you want. I'd like it if you put maybe a comment in the trigger detailing how it could be changed if it is the trigger itself that would be needed to alter those thing.

For the first two, deflect magic and soul connection, I strongly suggest you get you patch 1.17 up and use the "specific unit even - takes damage" event along with the "event response - damage taken" function call.

Level 11
sure

a hero spell? well u might have to wait i still don't have 1.17, but i can do it. what name? You are being really unclear, how much damage, and how many levels, when you transform will you use the hero's relavtive health, or the transforming unit type's max health? What if you die would you like for the hero to die too, or for him to be brought back anyways at the spot where the transformed unit dies, after 30 seconds.? and what missile do you want? if you don't answer then i'll do what i think is balanced and put a comment on how to custumize it, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.