• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tower Defense] Taking my TD to the next level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've created a td: [Tower Defense] - Continuum TD

In this td, the towers are heroes, and they level up, tier up and wear items to improve them. In its current phase, you can reach wave 100 (Very hard to reach), but after this it gets too hard to reach the max level of 150. I dont got enough content for it.

You can probably buy powerups and it will be possible, but i want something else that makes it a bit more challenging but also fun to play. Spamming dmg tomes is not very fun for long.

My current idea is to make towers able to fuse with other towers (Each tower has a specific other tower to fuse with, and this would make it so that you can't just focus on one tower ) but im not sure if im moving to far away from the concept i have now and if people would like it

Do you have any other ideas of how to add new content to a TD to make it fun past the first 100 levels or if fusing towers together is fun/rewarding)

Im not really a fan of mini-games that steps away from the td alltogether, but content that can be integrated with the td itself is fine :)

Level 14
100 waves is already a whole lot.
Are you sure making 100 waves is not already enough?
Also you could add extra weird towers as results of fusions: for example a tower that makes hit towers of base types swap cyclically between the base types while keeping the same tier and get a temporary boost.
Even if you do not know how to use them some players might find how to use them.

Last edited:
Level 5
I have tried your map. Not until level 100 (more like 20-30) thought (not my type of TD).

I know you wanted new Stuff but I just have to ask it :p Are you using channel for Tower Upgrades? Why not Charge Gold and Lumber. I think it dosen't work if you set the cost to 0 but otherwise you can set it with:
  • Set
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Charge Gold and Lumber)'s Integer Level Field: Gold Cost ('Ndt1') of Level: 0 to 50
And now finally to what you wanted: How about enabling Players to build own Items?
You can Add Abilitys to Items using Triggers if they are Currently picked up or dropped (if blizz hasen't fixed this yet). Currently changing Icon is bugged but you could set the tooltip correctly.

Also usualy good is Mob Specials, since I didn't played that far I don't know if you are using that already... (I personaly took a lot of inspiration from You TD...)

Fusions also dosen't sound bad to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.