• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking GUI spell/system requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yo everyone, I'll be taking your spell/system ideas and make them come to life if you are having trouble in making them!!!
Note that you should post me some info about the spell, idea and effects, I'll make all changeable so you can easily correct them to your needs.
Also you should know that spells/systems will be fully MUI/MPI and leakless as much as they can be (depends on the req)

If you want to see how spells which I make look like check my map Guild Arena: the BattleChasers (or just click on the image in my signature)

Here is the SPELL FORMAT of the info I should have about the spell:
1.Name
2.Targets (single, point, wave, passive or whatsoever)
3.Explanation (or Tooltip)
4.Effects
5.Extra (if you have any wishes or whatsoever uncovered by the categories above)

As for the SYSTEM FORMAT it should contain as much as it can detailed description of what should the system do!

Your spells system will be attached to the test map so you can test them, and I'll try to explain how I made it in the trigger so you can learn how to make some too!!

:thumbs_up: Lock and loaded!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
1. Freezing Fallout
2. Storm of frost surrounds the unit, dealing 80 damage per second to enemies in 600 range of the unit. Lasts 6 seconds. Isn't channeled, so it can be used while running, can cast spells while it's active etc.
3. Similiar to CM Freezing Field spell, huge blizzard around the unit.

1. Frost Tomb
2. Encases the target unit in a block of ice for 3/4/5 seconds.
3. Pretty basic, however it's supposed to have synergy with the next spell:

1. Ice Lance
2. Shoots out an magic ice lance. Deals 40/70/100 damage. Will crit to enemies encased in frost tomb, dealing 2*40/70/100 bonus damage.
3. Some kind of basic, fairly fast frost missile.

Level 15
Hi Darkwing!
I Need to make a Combat system for my map....
It should do this:
When you are alone and no one attacked you, you will be Out of Combat and your HP and mana will regenerate much faster...
If a player or mob attack you, you will enter Combat mode and you will regenerate your HP and mana slowly and will be unable to do some actions...
Also, floating text will be shown when u enter or leave combat mode !
-EDIT:
I FOUND A COMBAT SYSTEM :)...
Just need a trigger for faster hp and mp regen if out, so you can do me only that trigger ;) !

Last edited:
Level 17
Name: line lock
Description: the hero shoots out an laser that deal 4% damage on the affected unit's max mana, and stopping them from doing any further action for 5 second, the line is goes trough the first unit to last unit
Max range is 1000
Extras: this spell is looks like dota's hero's void's ultimate, the cronoshpere, but,with a line damage like the elune arrow, or shock wave
Effect: a bliush line come out from the hero, straight up to the target point, the line is not stopped until the max range is reached

Level 6
1. Freezing Fallout
2. Storm of frost surrounds the unit, dealing 80 damage per second to enemies in 600 range of the unit. Lasts 6 seconds. Isn't channeled, so it can be used while running, can cast spells while it's active etc.
3. Similiar to CM Freezing Field spell, huge blizzard around the unit.

1. Frost Tomb
2. Encases the target unit in a block of ice for 3/4/5 seconds.
3. Pretty basic, however it's supposed to have synergy with the next spell:

1. Ice Lance
2. Shoots out an magic ice lance. Deals 40/70/100 damage. Will crit to enemies encased in frost tomb, dealing 2*40/70/100 bonus damage.
3. Some kind of basic, fairly fast frost missile.

@Ahavac:
Is the ice lance a single target or wave damage spell?? I suppose CM is the Crystal Maiden?? So does the Freezing Fallout deals damage to small AoE in 600 range around the unit randomly, or it deals constant damage to all unit in 600 AoE???

Hi Darkwing!
I Need to make a Combat system for my map....
It should do this:
When you are alone and no one attacked you, you will be Out of Combat and your HP and mana will regenerate much faster...
If a player or mob attack you, you will enter Combat mode and you will regenerate your HP and mana slowly and will be unable to do some actions...
Also, floating text will be shown when u enter or leave combat mode !
-EDIT:
I FOUND A COMBAT SYSTEM :)...
Just need a trigger for faster hp and mp regen if out, so you can do me only that trigger ;) !

@aki15:
KK I'll make that regen and set it so you can change how much the regen is increased.

Name: line lock
Description: the hero shoots out an laser that deal 4% damage on the affected unit's max mana, and stopping them from doing any further action for 5 second, the line is goes trough the first unit to last unit
Max range is 1000
Extras: this spell is looks like dota's hero's void's ultimate, the cronoshpere, but,with a line damage like the elune arrow, or shock wave
Effect: a bliush line come out from the hero, straight up to the target point, the line is not stopped until the max range is reached

@rysnt11:
I'll improvise for the laser model, but you should find yourself a suiting model.

BRB when I've finished spells.

EDIT: @ aki here is your spell regen system, I've made it so that if unit is out of combat for 5 sec it starts regenerating faster, but you can change the time and how much its regenerating its life and mana.

View attachment CombatRegenSys.w3x

Enjoy!!! Follow the text inside the map (F4), if you are having troubleshoot let me know!!

@rysnt11: You said that spell has maximum range of 1000, so should I make it that it goes to the point if its cast for example if you cast it at 600 range it goes 600, or if you cast it at 600 range it goes 1000??

Last edited:
Level 17
...... the line is not stopped until the max range is reached

This is your answer
The line is not stopped until the max range is reached
Thats mean, when the hero cast at 400 range, the spell still goes to 1000 range

Edit: the unit shoud be stopped, which mean, the anim should be stopped
stun usualy stop unit from doing any act, but they can still play stand animation, i want the anim also stopped

Last edited:
Level 2
@Ahavac:
Is the ice lance a single target or wave damage spell?? I suppose CM is the Crystal Maiden?? So does the Freezing Fallout deals damage to small AoE in 600 range around the unit randomly, or it deals constant damage to all unit in 600 AoE???

Ice lance is single-target, Freezing fallout deals damage to every enemy unit inside the AoE. Think of it like an aura: You turn it on, all enemies inside the aura range are damaged. Hope that clears up

Level 6
OK guys will be doing your spells, you can expect them to be finished, during tomorrow, I'm off to party now, it will be a bumpy ride tonight, I apologize for what you will have to wait!

EDIT: @rysnt11 Done and done I've made your Line Lock spell as you asked with animation stop and pause

:fp:View attachment LineLock.w3x

and have also taken the liberty to choose the icon and model for laser to your spell, here is the list of the creators and models I've used, you should credit and rep them if you choose to use them:
Dark Destiny (BTNLaserBeam (click))
RightField (lasser,lasseryellow (click))
Champara_Bros (Blue Laser Ray(click) and Red Laser Ray(click))
(I'm not using Champaras models it's just a suggestion)
Enjoy, hope you like it, glad I could help :thumbs_up:

EDIT 2:
@Ahavac
:fp: Ok I've done your Freezing Fallout and Frost Tomb :thumbs_up:, but I need more info for the Ice Lance is it a unit target spell (it targets unit and follows it untill hit's) or is it a point target spell so when casted if collides deals dmg and bonus dmg of course if hits the Tombed unit??

@aki15
I'm not sure its according the Hive rules for me to implement my sys into someone elses other system, I think I need that guys permition or so, however I can take a look at his sys and tell you where to put the triggers?? :thumbs_up:

EDIT 3:
@Ahavac
Here they are your spells, I've done the Ice Lance as point target spell that damages on the collision with first enemy unit, but we can change that if you imagined it different!!! :thumbs_up:

:fp:View attachment FrostSpells for Ahavac.w3x

I've also taken the liberty to select some models for your spells, you can use anyones you want of course but here is the list of models I've used, it's my suggestion, remember to rep and credit these people if u decide to use their resourced:
maxor_gan (BTNIcyArrows (click))
CRAZYRUSSIAN (BTNCRFrostShock (click))
sPy (FrostDualBlade (click))
JetFangInferno (IceTornado (click))
Hope you like your spells, if anything is unclear let me know!!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 17
1.Name
: stone gaze
2.Targets
: aoe like breath of fire
3.Explanation: the medusa stare at the enemies, the one who is not clever enough to avoid her gaze will be slowly turned into stone for 3/4/5s, and they will stopped move, after the duration is over, they slowly de-stoned after 2 s
4.Effects
: a bluish cone is comeout from the eye (head) of medusa
5.Extra: hmm, it should be GUI/MUI and configurable

Level 15
Darkwing said:
@aki15
I'm not sure its according the Hive rules for me to implement my sys into someone elses other system, I think I need that guys permition or so, however I can take a look at his sys and tell you where to put the triggers?? :thumbs_up:
OK, I will ask for permission, but i think it's okay if you put some custom triggers on that system... (you are not editing it) just adding new things, and that's why that combat system is made for... :wink:
-EDIT
2uy0qpc.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.