1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Table Flip Moments

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by PurgeandFire, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Tonex

Tonex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ermergerd, just got blessing of wisdom -> topdeck truesilver -> got killed

2. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Grrr.

I was up against a hunter and I was left at 1 hp. He had explosive trap up. He was at 3 hp. I popped up a gladiator's bow and thought it would keep me immune. Turns out I got damaged anyway by the trap and it made me lose. :( Lame.

3. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, bullshit "hearthstone rules" at their finest. There is a plethora of completely nonsensical rules that are not explained by the game.
    Or cards that have the exact same text but their rules are different.

The explosive trap will also enrage enemies before they hit you.

4. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Today I played a game in arena, opponent had only 2 hp. He cleaned most of my board and summoned enough minions to kill me next turn. He had six minions on board, two taunted. My only minion left on the board was demolisher. You can guess what happened ))

5. Tonex

Tonex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, my new rage story is that I was playing as Rogue against Warlock:

On my turn, he's at 13 life and I have a 1/1, a 7/2 and a dagger, so I Sprint into a Perdition's Blade, 1 short of lethal damage and only have 3 life left, so I kill off his minions and I'm left at 1, and him at 6. Then he taps, and top decks Infernal.

And just the next game, a Hunter top decks a Freezing Trap and sends back my enraged Worgen when he's at 7 and I'm at 2.

6. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nothing is worse than a top deck loss. At least you can feel comfort that there was nothing you could've done to prevent it (I assume). The best case scenario would probably be a draw, unless you had a taunt on the board.

But I really feel for the freezing trap one. It is a somewhat rare secret, but it literally can kill all momentum. Playing around secrets is so difficult, especially when you're up against a hunter. You'll spend so long trying to avoid attacking just so you can send a smaller unit, but by then he's already gotten enough damage off to screw you over--or he'll keep killing your new spawns and leave the big guy to suffer from the trap.

I had a similar issue with redemption today (in arena). This guy gave a scarlet crusader might and used it to kill one of my big units. Not only that, he bubbled it again with argent crusader. I popped an abomination to get rid of some of his units, but after killing it, he popped redemption and left his scarlet crusader at 6/1. I finally put a minion on the board, but he had another response for it, and for some reason he popped his hero power. So I used my hero power to kill it to trigger redemption, but I was left with no choice but to fireball the 6/1 down. By then, I was so far behind and I had gone another turn without any minions on the board, and I was so low in hp from taking damage from the 6/1. I didn't want to kill it because he would respawn as a bubbled 3/1, which I really had no answer for. :\ I suppose I should've killed it earlier when I had the chance rather than putting up minions--oh well. Bubble is just so annoying, as are secrets.

EDIT: Just lost my 12th (technically, 14th match) round in arena. This happened to me twice already in the last two runs as rogue. I get to 11-2, and then poof I lose the last one. This time it was against a shaman. He had a very solid deck (earth elemental, 2 overload axes, earth shock, overload elemental, lightning bolts, forked lightning, mana tide totem, hex, etc.). My deck was very bad in draws, so once I got AoE'd down, I had no turnaround and he was able to flood. I'm still happy with 11, it is just painful when you're so close. It is not nearly as painful when you lose at 9 or 10. But the rewards were awful too. Just a ton of gold and one pack with 1 rare 4 uncommons.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  7. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Priest at 9 mana, 3 health. Attempts to copy a card from my hand.

He gets Jaraxus.

Damn owned. He even added me after that to commend me about my deck :p

8. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Arena game playing against a warlock, we both had 4 minions on the floor, no tanks. I was 16 hit points he was 5. He had 2 cards on his hand.
    It's his turn. He draws a card.
    He attacks me with his minions, I am reduced to 11 hit points.
    He plays a Mad Bomber:
    1st bomb hits me. (Yes, 8 other mobs on the floor)
    2nd bomb hits him.
    3rd bomb hits me. (Yes, 8 other mobs on the floor)
    I am at 9 hit points.
    He plays a Reckless Rocketeer (5/2 - charge)
    He buffs it with +4/+4 and kills me.

I was one second away of adding him and losing my account due to harrassment. :|

9. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Lol.

But yes. Mad Bomber has an internal function where it works perfectly for your opponent but never works out well for you.

10. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep. Previous week I used a Mad Bomber. Out of a total of 9 units on the floor (5 for my opponent, 4 for me) it killed 2 of my 1 hp left units and the last bomb hit my hero.

11. Tonex

Tonex

Resources:
    Resources:
    One time the opponent played 2 bombers when I had 3 minions, and they cleared my board, even killing my Cult Master first.

12. Paliouras

Paliouras

Resources:
    Resources:
    This one is one table flip moment the opponent had in arena.
    I was down to 6hp,next turn lethal.I have 3 cold bloods in my hand and a deadly poison for my already equipped assassins blade.Well from 18 hp he was he went to -1.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    played against my first legend rank ever, won early game but then he turned.. I was on 25 hp when he was on 8, 3/9 that I would draw avenging wrath or truesilver champion
    rage of the day

[​IMG]

14. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    my moment was when i first tried this game.. it looked like something made by 4 guys as a weekend project i quit after 5 minutes -__-'

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I turned the game around at round 3 :D

img
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  16. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUHxAKcuofU

This is what I call turn :D

17. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice turn, but you missed lethal. :p (although, it was hard to see)

Pyromancer, power word shield on pyromancer, dream opponent unit, leeroy, nightmare on leeroy.

In the end, you should end up with leeroy with 11 damage, gurubashi berserkers should be 11 damage each, ysera 1, dryad 1 for a total of 35 damage.

18. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was thinking of something like that at first, however I didn't want to sit and calculate while the video was recording so I went with the simple option. I thought it was lethal anyway.

19. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Played against a druid. They managed to get off 2x nerubian egg and then poison seeds. That by itself summoned 2 4/4 nerubians and 2 2/2 treants. I pretty much lost from there.

20. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I can't remember any serious table flip moment that I myself experienced, but...
    I did do this to a guy.
    Pain
    [​IMG]