• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your Best Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your best opener? What are your favorite combos to do within the first 1-5 turns?

For me (up against a pally), Turn 1: Shield Bearer. Turn 2: dagger. Turn 3: questing adventurer (pally was just spawning the 1/1 minions). Turn 4: argent squire + argent squire + coin + edwin van cleef.

That brought my questing adventurer up to 6/6 and brought van cleef to 8/8. It was a pretty crazy opening--I got pretty lucky with the card combos. The pally ended up killing the 8/8 with a big game hunter, and used an aldor peace keeper to get my adventurer to 1/4, but but i gave it cold blood again, pulled a sen'jin shieldmasta, got another cold blood, and he gave up after that.

Ofc, that combo doesn't happen often. It isn't reliable. But shield bearer can almost always get me to establish things as a rogue. I love him. :) And he is a pretty good cold blood target to get an early 4/4.

Sometimes RNGesus comes in for ya. What about you guys?

Level 17
t1: coin > murloc raider > hungry crab for 3/4 crab
t2: flametongue totem for 5/4 crab (5/1 after oppponent's attack)
t3: windfury + rockbiter for 8/1 crab and 16 dmg to the opponent
Early windfury and rockbiter are very strong generally. And later on if you have a charge card.

Anything early with hyena is also great, like a 13/7 hyena on third turn I once got after sacrificing 5 hounds to buffed mirror images and a raid leader. (they were all destroyed because I also had a timber wolf hence 2/1 hounds)
Dust devil and rockbiter on second turn is instant 12 damage if the opponent cannot remove it on the first turn.
Warlock's Void terror can be very strong too especially if you put down some of the other OP warlock minions like succubus or flame imp beforehand and priest's divine spirit and inner fire combo with high hp minions are also good.

Status
Not open for further replies.