• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Systems] Food System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Why do you have the system? Is it in just because you want to have another system? Or does it provide something to the gameplay? Does it make it more fun or deeper RPG experience?

Are you planning sleeping and taking a dump systems also?

How much inventory space do food items require? Is it practical to carry around enough food for long visits out of town? I'm sure many do not like having to go back to town just to buy food when you are deep in the woods. It can feel like a chore. I'm not sure how the inventory system works. Do you have only 6 slots? Can you equip an item that grants a bonus in each of them? Does carrying food around thus limit the number of bonus items you have?

Well system isn't something complicated I just wanted to find some use for wc3 food.
Timer will each few sec reduce food by 1, if food drop below some value hero will become slowed, as food go down even more hero will become more and more slowed as well.
When food become 0 hero die.

You can buy food items that heal and restore mana (some of them) and increase food by some amount.

Main idea is to block player from buying 100 food items and then attacking boss unit.
You can eat to max 100/100 (this limit can be increased with items later and hero stats like strength), if you have 99/100 and you eat food with +3 = 102/100 you will overfeed hero and slow it again.

Instead of fix amount of heal (+17 life and +10 mana) I will change that to % of max hp and see what people think, heal will be larger and food will remain, I will fix timer as well so everything should be more or less ok...

I have 6 slots for HERO, 6 for BACKPACK (carry weapons, armors...) and 6 in BAG (herbs, scrolls, books, food...)

Level 37
The Chosen Ones have somewhat similar system and I was thinking just about one month ago removing the system. However most of the players said to me that the system should stay so I was fine with it. I believe systems like this makes the gameplay more annoying and that's why I was thinking to remove it.

Just don't let the food items take away important slots from weapons and armors. And try not to make it annoying. Add to the system some positive things like if the food is fine, the movement speed and hit point regenerations are boosted.

I removed few lines of code and I think that I fixed this.
Each 1 sec food will drop down by 1. When it reach 0 it will remain there.

If you eat some food it will restore hp, mana and increase food a little up 100 or above.
If you eat above 100 then you must wait few sec for food to drop below 100 to eat and heal again.

This way you will be able to restore around 950 hp and 600 mana at once and then wait 100 sec to do this again.
No slow and death this time.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-Kobas- total editing of food system.

Every day in warcraft or per half day food pointer value is reduced by 1 maximum of 5.
Every poing increases the 'health' of the champion. When you champions health is good it gives some bonus things to you. It does not reduce them.
Next I talk about levels in the food system and there is 5 level of course. Level 1 is the worst that can be and 5 is the best of course. So here it comes:

Level 1 - Your champion does not have any buffs from 'normal'.

Level 2 - Your champions regenating is increased by value X¹. And your movement speed is increased by Y¹.

Level 3 - Your champions regenating is increased by value X¹ and your movement speed is increased by Y¹. Also your champion gets extra Z¹ chance to critical strike and W¹ for bash.

Level 4 - Your champions regenating is increased by value X² and your movement speed is increased by Y¹. Also your champion gets extra Z² chance to critical strike and W² for bash. Also evasion chance is increased by V¹.

Level 5 - Your champions regentaing is increased by value X³ and your movement speed is increased by Y². Also your champion gets extra Z³ chance to critical strike and W³ for bash. Also evasion chance is increased by V² and mana regen is increased by T¹. Also could receive some more experience from killing enemies.

But it would be just too easy to keep it high if you get the pointer to max by just eating and healing your wounds cause every one does that. Because of that you could add something like that the pointer wont go higer if you heal your champion also with the food. So 'hungry system' would replace food system. And also same times it would block the chance to spam eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.