• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[System] TabReader (Music Interpreter)

Level 17
Well, I just sticked to the naming convention in which blizzard's BJ functions are written (usually player variables are called "for" there). If it causes syntax errors, I think you can easily replace all instances of "for" to fix it.

If you really follow blizzard's convention that would be "whichPlayer".

"for" is a terrible name for a variable name, i suppose that would be ok if you weren't aware about the "issue" with Cohadar's jasshelper, but really here you could just change the name ...

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
If you really follow blizzard's convention that would be "whichPlayer".

"for" is a terrible name for a variable name, i suppose that would be ok if you weren't aware about the "issue" with Cohadar's jasshelper, but really here you could just change the name ...
I'm gonna fix it with the next update. Don't worry. :)

Level 16
I'd definitely participate in that :)

Well, it's actually not a bad idea to be honest, at least I could improve my music production skills and widen my knowledge in different music genres (for example I've never worked on any fantasy based projects)

Level 5
Greetings,

Might I suggest a couple in-game messages to go along with the test?
I'm sure many people download this map just to hear how good it sounds.
Assume that no instructions were read, and no glancing at the triggers was done to find that playing the awesome music is triggered by an EndCinematic player event.

The proverbial user just clicks test map and waits for it to load. He then meets a black screen and silence. It would be nice to tell them: "Press ESC to play the next track!" at this point.

And then we might as well go the extra mile and display song names:
"Now playing... Sinistral Battle"
"Now playing... Back To The Future"
"Now playing... Underworld"

Thanks.

--3ICE

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Greetings,

Might I suggest a couple in-game messages to go along with the test?
I'm sure many people download this map just to hear how good it sounds.
Assume that no instructions were read, and no glancing at the triggers was done to find that playing the awesome music is triggered by an EndCinematic player event.

The proverbial user just clicks test map and waits for it to load. He then meets a black screen and silence. It would be nice to tell them: "Press ESC to play the next track!" at this point.

And then we might as well go the extra mile and display song names:
"Now playing... Sinistral Battle"
"Now playing... Back To The Future"
"Now playing... Underworld"

Thanks.

--3ICE
As soon as I update this for the next time (to implement more features like bending, sliding and muting), I will add messages.