• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

System Request:Arrow clouds -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, ive noticed in games where you have alot of ranged units firing at enemies, usually you get these huge triangles of arrows or whatever the projectile is, on a single target. I think this looks a bit wierd, and seeing as im making a map where strategy is the objective, i dont want ten million arrows that could each one hit kill the target go after one target. So my request is; Can you please make me a system that makes archers target different targets from the others so i dont get clouds of arrows over a single unit?
Edit: I have a few ideas on how you could do this, not sure if it would work... how about when a unit acquires a target or something, the targeted unit gets a custom value of one, which means its targeted, and then give the attacker that same custom value. So a trigger starts whenever a unit acquires a target, that checks that its custom value is zero, so it can target it. and in that trigger if the custom value is not zero, then it checks to see if the acquiring unit has the same custom value as the targeted unit which means it is allowed to fire. If all the checks come out false then the unit is told to stop and target something else. Plus to prevent them all targetting the same thing like before, everytime something is targetted an integer variable is given plus one which is the amount of units targetted. And everytime a unit is targetted its custom value is set to the integer and then the integer variable is increased by one.
please give some feedback on this, not sure if its possible or if its practical.

Thanks in advance ;)
Maximash.

Last edited:
Level 15
Our rules say you're not allowed to bump your thread, unless there are a 48 hour difference between each post.

Anyways, didn't bother to read it all trough, but from what I can see, you want an archer to shoot at different targets at the same time ?
Why ? An archer can only shoot one arrow at the time anyways.

Level 5
Sorry about the early bump, but youve mis understood the request, the request is to make it so.. say i select a bunch of archers, i tell them to attack move somewhere, they meet a bunch of enemy footmen, then the archers fire at the footmen, all of the archers except maybe a few will all go for the same footman, i want them to go after different footmen, otherwise its just a waste of arrows :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.