• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gravity Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, I want to request a spell for a hero I'm creating for my map:

Spell Name: Gravity Control
Type: Target Unit
Spell Description:

You select the target unit (CAN'T TARGET SELF!!!), then the target gets a buff that lasts 30 seconds.

Caster is paused in the spell dueration and unpaused when it ends

The Player who casted the spell, can control any unit with the buff of that spell with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT Arrow Keys (this movement is like magic moving, so no animations are played) the target unit can offcourse still move as he wants, but the caster can only with the arrow keys. The speed of the Arrow Keys moving should be about 10 range per 0,03 seconds.

After the target loses the buff, the spell ends.

Possible ways that the buff will be removed in the game: Despell, Death and Caster Event!

Caster Event: If the caster presses the ESCAPE key, then all targets lose the buff, and therefore the spell ends.

Credits and +rep for the one that can make this spell!

Level 22
1. well you see, the target can freely move his unit, while the caster moves him with the arrow keys, the arrow keys movement will work like a knockback movement (Move unit Instantly)

2. The units collision won't go off, so every target will be ground unit.

3. It won't conflict much I think.

Barathrum, let's say you target a unit and your caster gets paused, you realise that each caster goes for one unit, right?
Let's say that we don't pause the caster. Now, if the caster affects 7 units, and then another caster (of the same owner) affects additional 3 units, if the owner of the casters presses an arrow key, do you want those 10 units to start moving, or do you want it like this: I select the caster, press the arrow keys and move the units that specific caster affected. So, if I have the first caster selected, it will move his 7 affected units, but if I select the second one, it will move those 3 affected units of his, BUT if I have both casters selected, it will move the 10 units (7 from the first and 3 from the second)?

If you do want this selection system, do you want the units to stop moving, if I select some other unit?

Can a unit be controlled by two players at the same time?

Please, elaborate.

Level 22
Barathrum, let's say you target a unit and your caster gets paused, you realise that each caster goes for one unit, right?
Let's say that we don't pause the caster. Now, if the caster affects 7 units, and then another caster (of the same owner) affects additional 3 units, if the owner of the casters presses an arrow key, do you want those 10 units to start moving, or do you want it like this: I select the caster, press the arrow keys and move the units that specific caster affected. So, if I have the first caster selected, it will move his 7 affected units, but if I select the second one, it will move those 3 affected units of his, BUT if I have both casters selected, it will move the 10 units (7 from the first and 3 from the second)?

If you do want this selection system, do you want the units to stop moving, if I select some other unit?

Can a unit be controlled by two players at the same time?

Please, elaborate.

The caster does get paused, but each player only has 1 hero, meaning maximum casts of this would be 1 per player, and since you're paused in it, it means it needs to be only MPI not even MUI.

1 player can only move 1 unit at the time, since caster is paused, you can't move him, you also can't target self.
but you said:
The Player who casted the spell, can control any unit with the buff of that spell with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT Arrow Keys (this movement is like magic moving, so no animations are played) the target unit can offcourse still move as he wants, but the caster can only with the arrow keys. The speed of the Arrow Keys moving should be about 10 range per 0,03 seconds.

Anyway, so, if I cast the ability on a unit, that has been hit by Gravity Control, won't it cause the unit to be under the control of the new caster's owner?

Level 11
wow.. this was very.. buggy o.o
after the spell ended, it started bugging and moving camera..
when i pressed left/right, camera didnt move with me..
i couldnt even test it.. it was badly buggy..

edit: okay lol that was just the regular key arrows bug.. of instant press.. sry :D

edit2: yep, after buff it still follows the unit.. (camera)

Level 21
About gravity gun:

Register on http://www.jk2pach.com

Then go in the "open source" category. You will find the open-source version of my map, Restricted Complex 601.

Open it with the Jass New Gen Pack. You will find my gravity gun system.

Features:
-unit grab
-unit release (throw action)
-unit teleportation (instant release)
-unit blast (throw+damage+knockback action)
-unit cure (due to my buffs, it can heals poison or fracture).

It is MUI, uses spells. If you know VJass it should not disturb you.

Level 22
About gravity gun:

Register on http://www.jk2pach.com

Then go in the "open source" category. You will find the open-source version of my map, Restricted Complex 601.

Open it with the Jass New Gen Pack. You will find my gravity gun system.

Features:
-unit grab
-unit release (throw action)
-unit teleportation (instant release)
-unit blast (throw+damage+knockback action)
-unit cure (due to my buffs, it can heals poison or fracture).

It is MUI, uses spells. If you know VJass it should not disturb you.

The fuck is this, please read the thread next time?

Anyway this is already solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.