• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sword Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im making a spell....

When cast its supposed to create multiple daggers,swords or anything sharp in a circle around a target enemy hero,then make them all pass through him.

As you can see on the picture,all knives should face the enemy,and should be equally distant from him.The distance between the enemy and the knife should be approximately 300 range.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW i know how to make a part of the spell,- create dummies that will cast edited shockwave,only i cant figure how to make them surround the target in a perfect circle.

Attachments

• W00t.jpg
    W00t.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 140
Use fan of knifes as based spell on hero, that deals damage and all stuff, than crate special effect at position of triggering units using fan of knifes effect, and make atleast 2 special effect of this kind that it will look like circle. Or if you wish you can create dummy casters that cast atleast 12 shockwaves in diferent directions(using offset points).

Level 5
I could make it for you easily. Do you want JASS or GUI? (GUI will lag like hell if multiple spells being cast at one time, requires moving bit by bit as you can't make something face a different direction when it has been given a move order)

Level 12
Allright Bubba,i could use your help on this one...JASS would do good...

BTW,just in case you misunderstood...

The spell should be cast on a target enemy hero.Upon casting the knives will form a circle around the enemy,and every knive will hurl towards him.

Fortunately,you wanted some work for the project you joined,so i hope this wont be a problem :)

Ill send a pm with the map link tomorrow morning,i gotta go now.

You can make the spell on a separate map if you feel like it,ill just copy it...

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.